Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I was in world history today about to doze off and I got this idea. Okay so its been stated countless times hackers only make up .25% (made up) of the whole droid community. The reason they don't release the keys is because they will lose money. And if those .25% boycott they wont lose enough money to worry about. Then why would they care if they gave the keys to us. I mean yeah they don't want to lose money at all but what if people boycott that's more money they would lose than if those hackers didn't buy new phones cause they can customize. Just an idea but thought id throw it out there.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

.25% yeah right. I have no idea why so many people think the rooted community is so minuscule

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was in world history today about to doze off and I got this idea. Okay so its been stated countless times hackers only make up .25% (made up) of the whole droid community. The reason they don't release the keys is because they will lose money. And if those .25% boycott they wont lose enough money to worry about. Then why would they care if they gave the keys to us. I mean yeah they don't want to lose money at all but what if people boycott that's more money they would lose than if those hackers didn't buy new phones cause they can customize. Just an idea but thought id throw it out there.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

.25% yeah right. I have no idea why so many people think the rooted community is so minuscule

How many you think it is?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

andylulzyou

Reaction score
P3 was saying anywhere from 30-60% of all Android users

That is the most far fetched number I have ever seen. No offense, but its jot even close. I mean not even on the same planet.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Well you can take that up with him, but if you really think it's anything under than 10% then you're a moron.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

That is the most far fetched number I have ever seen. No offense, but its jot even close. I mean not even on the same planet.

Well you can take that up with him, but if you really think it's anything under than 10% then you're a moron.

Guess I'm a huge moron........

andylulzyou

Reaction score

Guess I'm a huge moron........

You are. dancedroid

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I am the moron for thinking logically and realistically while people who think 30 to 60 percent of android users are hacking their phone are the most brilliant people ever.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I know I am the moron for thinking logically and realistically while people who think 30 to 60 percent of android users are hacking their phone are the most brilliant people ever.

And you think .25% is actually realistic? rofl

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

LOL. 30% of d1 users alone would be over 300,000. That has to be the most awful estimate on the planet. All the android centric sites on the internet probably don't have 300,000 unique members combined, considering many are on multiple forums. And your saying 30 to 60 percent total are rooted? Come on man use some logic...

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Actually, if you know anything about p3droid, you know that if he says he's got info regarding the android community, you can be pretty certain it's reliable. Verizon and other carriers have been tracking rooted users (and if you think that's impossible, you're very naive) and a database has been put together. According to p3, "30% is too low, 60% is too high"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

And you think .25% is actually realistic? rofl go look at the apps with the most downloads in the market

I never said .25 but it is far closer to that than 30 to 60. Lets break this down for a minute. In all the forums related to Droid there is probably about 300000, even if all of those people rooted, which not even close to all of them do, add an additional 50000 people who rooted without being on a forum, again unrealistic, you get 350000 out of many millions of android users. Do the math for yourself.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

LOL. 30% of d1 users alone would be over 300,000. That has to be the most awful estimate on the planet. All the android centric sites on the internet probably don't have 300,000 unique members combined, considering many are on multiple forums. And your saying 30 to 60 percent total are rooted? Come on man use some logic...

Haha I was typing 300000 too before you even posted that.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also anytime you flash a rom when you restore an app it counts as a download. So those stats are cushioned many times over by redownloads.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Haha I was typing 300000 too before you even posted that.

Great minds think alike. :icon_ banana: I type "LOL" on here often, but honestly that estimate literally had me laughing out loud. That was just horrible. If P3 believes that he loses even more credibility with me...

Last edited: