Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

maximus4

Reaction score
shocking to see sony handing over the keys to anything after the ps3 fiasco....

also, wug, i got your back.... cant wait to hear the plan.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thats good news on the sony unlocked website. Kind of similar to something I came up with in a certain part of the plan... will certainly help back up that particular claim. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I hate to stall this another day, but I made it to about 8:30 pm today before I became delusional from being up in excess of 50+ hours, so I crashed for a few hours and now I am considering sleeping some more or studying some more for a few exams I have when the sun comes up. Either way, I really can't get back to this anymore tonight. Please don't be mad at me... I just am terrible with deadlines.

{{ WugFresh }}

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Death before dishonor and health above all else.

No worries mate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Thats good news on the sony unlocked website. Kind of similar to something I came up with in a certain part of the plan... will certainly help back up that particular claim. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I hate to stall this another day, but I made it to about 8:30 pm today before I became delusional from being up in excess of 50+ hours, so I crashed for a few hours and now I am considering sleeping some more or studying some more for a few exams I have when the sun comes up. Either way, I really can't get back to this anymore tonight. Please don't be mad at me... I just am terrible with deadlines.

{{ WugFresh }}

TBH i'd much rather you do well on your exams man. Take it easy

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why rooted users should have their warranty/insurance voided? Okay if you mess up the phone and can't do an SBF flash then that's fine send it in for $50 .. if you perma brick then you should have to purchase a refurb'd phone..

But if I root my phone and a hard key button falls out there is no correlation at all and I shouldn't be punished for poor manufacturing.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm just wondering why rooted users should have their warranty/insurance voided? Okay if you mess up the phone and can't do an SBF flash then that's fine send it in for $50 .. if you perma brick then you should have to purchase a refurb'd phone..

But if I root my phone and a hard key button falls out there is no correlation at all and I shouldn't be punished for poor manufacturing.

That's my thoughts too.... if its software then yea, pay. Hardware, I'm getting a new one under warrentee. I'm not going to pay because of shoddy manufacturing.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

0reo

Reaction score
Its called the magnuson-moss warranty act. Google it. Its frequently used in the automotive field.

Basically, the manufacturer can not deny a warranty claim simply because non-OEM aftermarket accessory products were used unless the manufacturer can proove the failure is directly attributable to the aftermarket accessory. Only catch is that you may have to take legal action to enforce it.

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Its called the magnuson-moss warranty act. Google it. Its frequently used in the automotive field.

Basically, the manufacturer can not deny a warranty claim simply because non-OEM aftermarket accessory products were used unless the manufacturer can proove the failure is directly attributable to the aftermarket accessory. Only catch is that you may have to take legal action to enforce it.

You mean like when you can't get exhaust manifolds replaced on Jeep Wranglers if tires > or = to 35" were used?

Edit: Also, why can't they just charge a fee to fix your device when you brick it? Or is that not possible?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

Last edited:

clarkstrange

Reaction score
You mean like when you can't get exhaust manifolds replaced on Jeep Wranglers if tires > or = to 35" were used?

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3[/QUOTE]

That sounds exactly like what he his talking about. I never knew you were able to force your way past that tho. Lol. But makes perfect sense. I used to work at a dealership. I've heard that excuse a thousand times. "Ain't gonna fix it. Got aftermarket parts". Lol

Sent from Liberated Droid X

D

dankarlinski

Well, that's partially because book time doesn't pay that great. I'm happy I got myself a salary job and got off the book in the shop. Business has been slow recently.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I feel ya. There's prolly things worse than sitting on my stool all day at work doing nothing, but I haven't experienced them yet. Lol.

Sent from Liberated Droid X

0reo

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Jeeps. They can't refuse to warranty your transmission just because you modified the suspension unless they can prove (burden of proof is on them) that the suspension directly (not indirectly) caused the trans failure. So the dealership can't claim for instance that the trans failed because you were able to drive faster on the aftermarket suspension.

On the other hand if you modified the engine so as to substantially increase its power (say, a 200hp shot of nitrous) then the dealership can most likely prove your burnt out clutch & stripped out gears are a direct result of the modification and rightly deny warranty service.

Last edited:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was in world history today about to doze off and I got this idea. Okay so its been stated countless times hackers only make up .25% (made up) of the whole droid community. The reason they don't release the keys is because they will lose money. And if those .25% boycott they wont lose enough money to worry about. Then why would they care if they gave the keys to us. I mean yeah they don't want to lose money at all but what if people boycott that's more money they would lose than if those hackers didn't buy new phones cause they can customize. Just an idea but thought id throw it out there.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

SniperKing97

Reaction score
[video=youtube;-uPcthZL2RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPcthZL2RE]YouTube - Ending Women's Suffrage[/video]

We should go to Padua to get some signatures!
Haha but seriously, the average users are not much smarter than these girls. It's gonna be a long journey.