Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by aliasxerog, Mar 23, 2011.

1. estafusisx

estafusisx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gizmodo too (i stopped reading them but I think lifehacker is now a part of giz instead of an independent site)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No SONY is listening too.....

Verizon/AT&T are who wants locked bootloaders, not Motorola/SONY/HTC....

You're sending your complaints to the wrong people!!!

"devices locked to a specific carrier will not come with an unlocked bootloader"
    source

#290 UNC, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I am well aware of this now. Things have to change. I am trying to formulate all of my recent thoughts on this into words now. This new news isn't really new, its just a confirmation of all of my fears, I never thought it would happen so soon, thats why I wanted to start with moto. Well the issue is clearly larger. I am still writing my response to p3's food for thought. I for one am not going to let these policy changes go into effect silently and without public exposure.

Stay tuned.

{{ WugFresh }}

4. PalmerCurling

PalmerCurling Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Wug: please keep me in the loop, I will use whatever leverage I can find to bump you up above the average soapbox. Pseudo viral (leaving it up on every computer I can) handouts bulletins announcements and anything else I can think of. Just keep me up to speed

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

5. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    @PalmerCurling will do, me an ibproud were talking about setting up a shared google document to use as our centralized location for sharing ideas. Kinda ironic considering this is pertaining to android but thats besides the point. I need today to gather my thoughts and write them down. Plus we need to release information when people are thinking rationally again. Right now the shock factor is in effect and a lot of people are misinterpreting what's really going on. I want to choose my words carefully and explain my position clearly. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I would like to do the best that I can at providing a clear overview of the big picture as I see to be. People are still thinking within the framework of their personal reality. "oh no.. they are tracking me! ", "should I unroot?", "are they going to charge me?". I am hoping some of this wears off and people can get back to thinking reasonably about an issue that is effectively hurting an entire community.

Stay tuned for my response.

{{ WugFresh }}

6. andylulzyou

andylulzyou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A public blog where anybody can post there ideas (pending approval to make sure it is appropriate) and the people could vote the posts up and down with a thumbs up or down would be good..

These carriers are very dumb because the rooted community in it 's entirety is much bigger than anybody gives it credit for, and someone hopefully Sprint will realize that there are a lot of unhappy people looking for a new home

7. andylulzyou

andylulzyou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan@sprint.com

Let's all send Dan an e-mail explaining our situation and how we would all like a new home.. if you leave your phone number they will call you within two days to speak with you.

8. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Per each rooted-user/dev/hacker/geek/whatever you want to call us, how many people do you think we influence? Who do average users look up to when making technology based decisions? How many friends or friends of friends have each one of you given advice to regarding a technology based purchase? How many people have you directly or indirectly convinced to buy a droid? Do you honestly think that all average users only obtain their information through ads and commercials? Do they not read other media sources? Do they not look to the more knowledgable end users for information?

What happens when the general consensus amongst the advanced end-users is, "Droid Doesn't"? Will that message not trickle down to the average user, will it only remain relevant to the devs? What happens when a product advertised as open source is exposed to be the polar opposite? Will that not hurt their image? Will that not hurt their reputation? When android dies in the eyes of the ones who saw it for its true potential, will its future remain bright? Will we all (advance & average users) still purchase these devices?

Ask yourself these questions and tell me again if you think we are a significant force.

{{ WugFresh }}

9. andylulzyou

andylulzyou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Android giving up it's only advantage over iOs is not a good look

10. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    +1, I would take stock iOS over stock android any day.

{{ WugFresh }}

11. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    @PalmerCurling, the more I think about this, the more I realize that we have more leverage than you would think. I am looking forward to sharing my plans with you when I have them solidified.

{{ WugFresh }}

12. Rami98

Rami98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aliasxerog, how did you get the linux kernel running on your droid x? I would like to know and help you out. I want to help test out no matter what. MOTO and Verizon, we re coming after you

Search tags for this page
android bootloader crack
android bootloader cracking
android crack bootloader

bootloader crack

crack bootloader

how to break bootloader

how to crack a bootloader

how to crack bootloader

how to crack bootloder
how to hack a bootloader