Possible Virus?

tgs3838

Reaction score
Over the last few days Iv been getting this green star at the top of my screen. Comes in like a text message or any notification would. When i click on it it opens up to the browser and takes me to a website. Today it said I won a free Ipad. Im not sure if I downloaded a bad app or something. But does anyone know about this? And how to get rid of it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sounds like you installed an app that is doing this. People really need to read the permissions when they download apps. I've done things like this before.

Heywood

Reaction score
Its called air push through notification or something along those lines
There is an app called Air Push to clear that up for you.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector&hl=en

Reaction score
I installed air push and it tells me the same thing, but I still get random messages in my notification area. Can't figure out what I installed that is making that happen..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
That is strange because I had the exact same star notification when I downloaded Zombie Road. Installed AP,directed me to the app, uninstalled app and it was fixed

ncasey92

Reaction score
I have the same problem but it was after I did the latest update for my Thunderbolt. Will keep trying to figure this out of how I got this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

tgs3838

Reaction score
Since I posted this a few days ago.That popup thing hasn't appeared again. Kinda weird since air push app thingy didnt detect a bad app.