1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

possible virus

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by imgrtful, Apr 7, 2011.

1. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

i have a D1 rotted running LGB 3.5 and i believe i have a virus.i believe i got it thru gmail.the phone will go apes@#t and start opening up stuff on my droid.it has sent texts and made calls.also dl'ed apps from the market.the left side of the screen will stop working at times and many time cant get anything to open.is there a way to completely wipe my harddrive.i have done the wipe/factory reset many times and does not help.if i lose root it does not matter,i can always reroot.or am i just screwed?vzw told me that they have a virus blocker installed on thier phones and when i rooted it opened it up to viruses.
  2. fox_dye

fox_dye New Member

Try to sbf back to stock. That might help.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

that sounds like a hardware issue to me. has it gotten wet lately?
  4. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

hasnt got wet at all and it started after i recieved some emails from a friend.it was a wierd set of things kinda like a link that wasnt a link.she said she never sent any emails and i recieved 7 of them from her.
  5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

well these kinds of uncontrollable phone stories usually amount to a damaged digitizer and afaik there is no way a virus could do that to your phone.
  6. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

so phone is toast?
  7. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

well i would probably go with fox dye's suggestion and sbf the phone on the off chance that it is indeed a software issue. if it still persists then bring it in to vzw and see what they can do.
  8. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

i took it to vzw and they said the phone is toast and i need to upgrade.so when i got home i called vzw and they said i am eligiable for an upgrade.so i went up to another vzw and they said im not elligable for an upgrade.these morons have no clue what they are doing