Possible Update, Need Support

REDconONE

Reaction score
Ok i had my Droid Razr on charge and left the room, when i came back a little while later it was completely charged but i noticed something odd. The screen was lit up and while i didnt have time to read what was on the screen i am fairly sure i saw the word "warning" such as "warning your device is about to update dont turn off". However i found it strange, because in the past whenever verizon would send me device updates i would have the option to approve or reject the update. This time however the phone approved on its own. I found that strange and immediately shut the phone down in fear it wasnt an official verizon update. i then rebooted the phone and upon reboot and connection to the signal there was a triangle at the top (i wanna say that is called the status bar) so i slid it down and it said "download will resume in peak WIFI off hour" (not a direct quote) so a min or two later the download continues. At this point i once again shut down the phone and got on here. Does anyone know if this is an official verizon update? If not what do i do?

Keep in mind i download nothing from the market place the only downloads i ever do are the occasional pick emailed to my gmail from friends.

Thanks

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
There is a jelly bean update that Verizon pushed that is legit. There is also a Facebook update that is being pushed that way too. So, if you are on ice cream sandwich, then it's probably the jelly bean update. If you are on jelly bean, then it's probably the Facebook update

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

Kegapult

Reaction score
The Jelly Bean updated had downloaded on my phone but i keep selecting install later. I have rooted with Matt G's utility months ago. will it brick my phone to install update or will it work on root