Possible to remove Sense UI?

moreyos

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a new phone yet but I've been eligible and holding off for quite some time now (upgrading from Droid 2 Global). Looking at the specs I'd say its the best phone out there right now. Quad core, 2 gigs of ram, 8MP rear camera/2.1 front, 4G, Jelly bean, it has everything I want..but I hate the Sense UI or whatever its called. Maybe some of you guys like it or could enlighten me on why its not so bad.

Is it possible to turn off the Sense UI on these phones? Can it be removed by rooting, I'd rather not go that route though. I would be ready to go get this phone today if it weren't for the UI. I've played around with both the Incredible and the Incredible 2 and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. Maybe things have changed but as it stands it is holding me back right now.

Thanks in advance.

tpags

Reaction score
Without rooting u could install a different launcher such as Nova or Apex to change the home screens and launcher look. But as far as totally removing it %100 you would have to root and install cm10 or another stock rom. That is once root is achieved.

Although Sense has gotten better, Nova will be 1 of the first apps I install on this bad boy Friday when I get mine.

joansin

Reaction score
Without rooting u could install a different launcher such as Nova or Apex to change the home screens and launcher look. But as far as totally removing it 0 you would have to root and install cm10 or another stock rom. That is once root is achieved.

Although Sense has gotten better, Nova will be 1 of the first apps I install on this bad boy Friday when I get mine.

OMG! I traded in my RAZR HD because of the specs but I hate Sense UI! I searched how to remove it and this Nova saved my life....! LOL. Man, thank you... I was starting to regret going away from Moto (it was just too familiar anymore) and this made it worth while. DNA BABY! Without Nova, it would suck balls.

txter

Reaction score
I've been a moto fanboy since I was on the moto Q. This phone is sick. The UI isn't as bad as some make it sound. Their is a sensless Rom out now and root has be achieved. I use Next launcher and its pretty sweet looking so far.