possible to flash kernel in recovery?

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
So I decided (on a gut feeling) that it was a kernel problem. So I found a stock updated kernel for s-off and installed that using the flash img app. Working great now on your Rom. Btw,awesome Rom you got here. The font is a little odd to get used to reading but I can deal with it. But anyway, tether works now,no screen flicker,and everything else is just dandy. Thanks for the help you have given. Can't wait to see what else you will create (maybe font options?)

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
This new kernel blows something serious. I can't even make it through one game of black ops without it disconnecting from psn. Never had this problem before. I also notice my data arrows don't work. At all. How can I fix this?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This new kernel blows something serious. I can't even make it through one game of black ops without it disconnecting from psn. Never had this problem before. I also notice my data arrows don't work. At all. How can I fix this?
1. did u flash the updated radio file?
2. did u restore data after installing the rom or forget to wipe everything before installing it?
3. to change fonts dl rom toolbox off of play

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
1 yes
2 I didn't restore anything. I just started from scratch.
3 thank you,will do.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
And is there a way to view the data inside a twrp data.ext4 file? I need phone numbers in it and I don't want to re flash everything.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
:( can i restore a backup on top of the new kernel? the backup was made b4 the upgrade...

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
:( can i restore a backup on top of the new kernel? the backup was made b4 the upgrade...
id flash the old kernel then wipe everything in twrp then restore your backup. sync the contacts to gmail, your sim, verizon backup, or TIB. then go back into fastboot and reflash the new kernel then go into twrp and wipe everything again and then install the rom a 2nd time.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
well,i know where im sitting for the next two hours...lol

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
did you remove backup assistant compatibility from your cryo rom? i cant seem to get it to work..

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score