Possible Swap-out?

HTCFan513

Reaction score
I've owned my Incredible since May 12th, and it's been the best phone I've ever owned. But recently, I've bee reading more and more about the X, and that seems more like the phone for me. Purchasing one at full retail is out of the question, and my 30 days have been up. I was wondering is there any way or any place that I can swap my DInc for a DX, and pay very little if necessary?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sell your Inc and buy the X at full retail.

OP
H

HTCFan513

Reaction score
I've tried. I havent been able to find anyone wil to buy it for a reasonable amount.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Ebay... $400ish. After fees and mailing it, $369.99. Pay $200 out of pocket like you were getting it for the NE2 or new customer price...

Or do what I did, I called and complained about the reception, camera freezing, and other issues and I will be receiving my X tomorrow and mailing this POS Back...

OP
H

HTCFan513

Reaction score
Did you have to pay anything? And im bad in situations like that. How did that conversation go exactly, if I might ask?

joeymoose

Reaction score
Well it did take some work and talking to different reps and supervisors...

I pretty much told them that I was not able to switch the Inc. for a new one within 30 days because they were out of stock and back ordered. I told them I was unwilling to accept a refurb because it is in the contract that the customer can exchange a phone for a new one within 30 days. I'm sure they have something in the contract that says "Except when phone is out of stock" or some other bull crap.

I also got lucky and spoke with a female VZW Rep that was a Android Head herself...

She processed the order and I will be receiving my X tomorrow was a return postage label for the Inc...

Mind you I still paid $199 for the Incredible with my upgrade. So if you sell it on Ebay/Craigslist, you pay $199...

joeymoose

Reaction score
Dear Joey Mxxxxx ,

Good afternoon and I am so sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced in regarding your Worry Free Guarantee. As a show of good faith to you, a valued customer, I will be able to honor the offer to replace the Droid Incredible with the Droid X. My name is Nichole, and I will be happy to provide additional information on this process.

I have reviewed your account and confirmed your conversation with our Customer Service Department on 7/1/2010. Although your Worry Free Guarantee expired on 7/1/2010, I will be happy to honor the offer to complete an exchange for the Droid X. I have taken the liberty of sending a pre paid return label to your home address on file so you can return your Droid Incredible to our warehouse. Please allow 5-7 business days to receive this in the mail and please be aware you will be charged a non-refundable $35.00 Restocking Fee since the device cannot be resold as new.

Please ensure you return the original box, including the UPC Code, intact with all components (phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.). All components must be in like-new condition. All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt and will only be granted to the actual purchaser whose name appears on the receipt.

At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you an additional fee for missing items or items that we determine are damaged or require service. If we accept your return within this period, we will refund your purchase price. If installed equipment needs to be removed from a vehicle or fixed location, you may be charged a service fee. The credit for your equipment return may take up to three billing cycles to process.

In addition, to order your Droid X at the 2-year discounted rate, we will need your shipping address. Please reply to this email with your shipping address so I can process your request.

Also, the Droid X is currently on back order. Any orders placed on 7/16/2010 will ship by 7/23/2010.

Joey, it has been my pleasure to assist you with your Worry Free Guarantee exchange. I also wanted to take a moment to thank you. You have been a loyal customer since 2005, and that longevity is appreciated. I hope we remain your favorite cellular provider for many years to come and that the information I have provided has been helpful. I do look forward to assisting you in the future! Should you have any other concerns, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Nichole
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

This is one of our email conversations...

joeymoose

Reaction score
Dear Joey Mxxxxxxxx,

Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. As requested, I have ordered your device and shipped it to the Cobblestone Circle address you provided. My name is Amanda and it was my pleasure to assist you.

Your device will ship on 07/27/2010, and will be delivered within 2 business days via FedEx. I apologize for the wait, but the item is still on backorder. Included in the box will be a shipping label, however, Nicole has already sent you one a few days ago. We would prefer that you use the one Nicole sent you that way it is not associated with the Droid X shipping label and will be easier to track. Once you receive the Droid X, please activate it and ship back the HTC Incredible.

Please email me directly at [email protected] when you have shipped back the Incredible. I will need you to provide me with the return tracking number so that I can track the phone and then credit the cost of the device once we have received it back in our warehouse. I appreciate the time you have to take to send the email to me, and it will help me make sure that your new phone is credited accordingly.

Joey, I want to thank you for being the most important part of Verizon Wireless and for the great opportunity to assist you today. Should you have additional questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Amanda
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless Customer, This response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should edit out the VZW employees names/email adresses