Possible Soultion to Angry Birds not running on LGB

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by KL1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. KL1

KL1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since 2.0, or so, I have had issues with Angry Birds.
    The 2 manifestations of the problem were:

• AB begins to load and then just fc's or reboots phone
    • AB loads but sound and play is so choppy that phone eventually reboots
    After pulling out most of my hair, I have found a solution that works for my phone. I now play Angry birds(all 3) without worry of it locking up.The one thing I noticed when it was choppy as hell is that it seemed to happen when an ad would try to pop up. I knew it was ad related but didn't know how to fix it.

Turns out, the fix was simple...
    Lock Adfree in memory...

What I think was happening is adfree was being killed and then the script was running when an ad popped up but adfree wasnt able to start up fast enough which caused android to attempt to start the service. Something in the code has to be hanging up or maybe it contains a memory leak because it would just bog the phone down till it died.

Since adding AdFree to "Lock in memory" I have not had it fail once.

I'm curious to see if this resolves others' problems or if it was just a nuance of my phone.

-Droid 1- Still kick'n
  2. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm I don't have problems playing angry birds at all
  3. hinataoccu

hinataoccu Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have had the same issue since 2.0 and have yet to find a fix. I tried locking Adfree in memory but sadly that did not work for me. However, i am surprised that it worked for you. To my knowledge when u run Adfree it downloads a host file to your phone which then blocks addresses known to run ads. After downloading the file, there is no need for Adfree to run. Am i mistaken?
  4. KL1

KL1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I agree with your statement. I believed the host file in android works like one on a windows pc, but for some reason it did the trick. I did not do anything else during the time it went from working to not working.

I'm not sure if maybe it was a corrupted host file and when it was accessing it, it would lock it up or if it is something else.

It sux that it didn't work for you. I was hoping it would be an easy fix for the few of us having issues.
Search tags for this page
android angry birds can not run
android angry birds locked up
angry birds not downloading

angry birds not starting android

angry birds seasons stopped working

angry birds seasons won't open
angry birds space locks up on android
angry birds stops working
fix angry birds android freeze