POSSIBLE SCAM Email sent to Verizon Customers!

ccsoty

Reaction score
Excuse me if this is redundant, however there seems to be a scam email sent out that may have nothing to do with Verizon, and may not even be coming from them.
Called Verizon and they said they didn't know anything about it.

I would avoid the below email and delete it until there is some sort of verification that it's actually from Verizon.

Email message looks like the below:

-----------------------
SUBJECT: Your New Verizon Wireless Line

BODY:

In an effort to better understand the growing demand for new cellular numbers, Verizon Wireless would like your feedback on factors influencing your recent decision to add a wireless line.

Please take a moment to answer a few questions by clicking on the link so that we may better serve wireless customers like you:

A LINK: "http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/ etc etc etc......." (DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK, THIS MAY BE A SCAM)

Responses are being tabulated by Michaels Opinion Research, Inc., on behalf of Verizon Wireless.

Please do not reply to this email as it has been sent from an unattended email box.

If you prefer not to be contacted in the future for your opinions, please click on the following link to make us aware of your preference: "Remove from list"
-----------------------

Sorry if this is OLD NEWS...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice heads up! I haven't seen this but I'll keep an eye out.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Was this an occurrence only today? Or has this been going on for a bit??

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Graymayre

Reaction score
Surveys have a habit of looking like scams. They are almost always sent out by the survey processor, and many surveys are done by third party companies. As long as it is not asking for personal information, then it probably is a genuine survey. Surveys are indiscriminate and random sometimes. The worst that can happen is your email gets registered for some stuff that will go straight to the junk mail folder.
Who takes surveys anyway? It would be a pitiful attempt at acquiring information anyway. Typical scams are designed to attract a majority of those it is broadcast to, and surveys are less than ineffective.

The answer is 42. Hell, even Siri knows that.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.