1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Possible root issues?? Not sure

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taz1458, Apr 4, 2010.

1. taz1458

taz1458 New Member

I am having an issue with setcpu saying that I am not rooted, however, I still have the superuser Permissions on the app drawer. What happened was I hit mount /system on the sprrecovery menu when I was trying to install a new live wallpaper. It hasn't been the same since. My gallery is also not picking up any of my media although I know that it is there and can see it with astro. Any ideas folks??
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

3. taz1458

taz1458 New Member

4. taz1458

taz1458 New Member

Well it fixed the root explorer issue but my gallery and media and stuff is still not showing up. What did I do??
  5. christim

christim Super Moderator

Is there a .nomedia file in there? If so Astro will let you see that file. Such a file makes images not show up, makes them hidden to various apps.

You can use sprecovery to install livewallpaper? Is there a link to this?
  6. taz1458

taz1458 New Member

I was actually tryiong to get the system folder to show up in Astro, not knowing that I needed root explorer. Also the .nomedia file did the trick. Got that taken care of. Thanks a lot christim