Possible next Turbo?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know, the Turbo last year had 3GB of ram and other phones this year have 4GB, so it may be a Moto flagship but not really in the truest sense of the word.

Also, PLEASE STOP MAKING ONLY HUGE PHONES!!! At least give us a little choice/differentiation in screen size. Why even bother with two different devices 5.5" and 5.7"?!? It seems like there's this idea that Americans want their phones sizes to grow with their waist sizes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like another busy Fall season for Moto and Moto fans. If I am not mistaken, they have already announced the 2015 Moto X (possibly in a few variants), the 2015 Moto G and 2015 Moto E. If they stick to the same plan / lineup as last year then the phones yet to be officially announced are the new Droid for 2015 and the 2015 Moto Maxx replacement (which was basically a Turbo without the Droid branding and could be used outside of Verizon). Or they have a completely new addition to their lineup hidden up their sleeve. My guess is: somewhere in all of these recent "leaks" is the prototype 2015 Droid (or Droids...maybe 2 different sizes year) and the new Moto Maxx. Maybe one will be called the "Bounce" because of the suspected MIL STD shatter resistant rating? Make a phone with MIL Spec shatter resistant specs....why not name it Bounce? Droid Bounce or Moto Bounce?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last year there were rumors of a 4.7"(?) Droid, possibly some sort of mini-turbo. Is Moto going to offer any high-end phones smaller than 5.4" this year?

It blows my mind that basically the ONLY distinguishing feature at this point is display size, and many companies don't differentiate on this with their own devices much less the market in general. Does Samsung tell everyone how big to make their phones or what?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Last year there were rumors of a 4.7"(?) Droid, possibly some sort of mini-turbo. Is Moto going to offer any high-end phones smaller than 5.4" this year?

It blows my mind that basically the ONLY distinguishing feature at this point is display size, and many companies don't differentiate on this with their own devices much less the market in general. Does Samsung tell everyone how big to make their phones or what?

I kind of expected two Droids lat year also, one full size and a smaller version. Like the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini from 2013. Maybe the Mini did not sell very well, so they don't want to offer 2 sizes anymore? I know a few people that had / have the Droid mini and loved it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Mini did not sell very well, so they don't want to offer 2 sizes anymore?

Possibly. What I can't understand is why have different sizes at all if that difference is only a couple tenths of an inch? Why complicate manufacturing and design and all that jumbo?

This is a big reason why these companies struggle to make money. You're producing like 3-4 phones that are basically the same all hitting the same subset of the market. Design and make 1 really good phone instead of 3-4, share the R&D savings with the consumer, sell more and !GASP! make more money.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Given the cost to remain on the "unlimited plan" my next phone better make me breakfast every morning! :mad:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Given the cost to remain on the "unlimited plan" my next phone better make me breakfast every morning! :mad:
You mean your phone does not do that already?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This thing better take a beating, because YOU KNOW many, many people are going to put the claim to the test.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Personally, I got the Turbo because of the battery. I would have been even happier if Moto had been able to squeeze the same battery capacity in a phone with a 4.7' screen at the most.

My previous phone was a Razr M, which I had for over two years. The battery was almost half the capacity of the turbo, but it lasted pretty much the same.

Unfortunately at the present state of technology it is easier to up screen size and resolution than battery capacity density (amount of charge per volume unit). Plus, larger and higher rez screens are better for marketing... Unfortunately, that pretty much offset the extra battery capacity, if any is added given the more space available in large phones.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have 3 people at work with the Moto X. 2 of them just ended contracts and want to stay on them because there isn't ANYTHING that size anymore and they still work great.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

This "phone" sure is getting a lot of attention lately. There are three or four posts on here already for this phone. Some rumors say it is the Moto Bounce, others say it is the Moto X Force and others say it is the replacement for the Moto Maxx/Turbo (not Droid Turbo....Moto Turbo). This is the first article I have read that claims it is the new Droid. Why does everyone say "Turbo 2" in their articles? Verizon typically changes the Droid name every year. I guess we will know for sure in December....if it is released. Me personally...I don't see Verizon waiting until December to release the new Droid. I am guessing late October, like last year.