Possible Gingerbread update coming!

bosshog85

Reaction score
I just went on the Samsung live support And got some interesting info. Here's the conversation:

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond

You are now chatting with 'Vivian'.

There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5640301065X

Vivian: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Ushud Fucoff: Hi I was wondering if you knew whether the Samsung Continuum will get the Android 4.0 update?

Vivian: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment

Vivian: I understand that you want to know when the update will be available for your phone. Am I correct?

Ushud Fucoff: Right. Or any update at all

Vivian: Thank you for the confirmation

Vivian: Please hold on for a moment while I gather the required information on your request

Ushud Fucoff: Sure

Vivian: Thank you for holding

Vivian: I would like to inform you that the update available for your phone as of now is to DL17 through FOTA Vivian: For this, you need to have the data connectivity enabled on the phone

Ushud Fucoff: Anything that will come in the future?

Vivian: Yes, a software update will be available for your phone shortly. But we re unable to speculate when/if this software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website in the Samsung Download Center or you will be informed by your service provider. Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates

Ushud Fucoff: May I ask What update it is?

Vivian: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you Vivian: The update will be provide by Samsung in co ordination with the carrier. I would like to inform you that as of now the future update available for your phone may be Android 2.3 Ginger bread.

Ushud Fucoff: So is the update already made or is it in the making?

Vivian: It will be available shortly. Once it is available for your phone, you will be notified by the carrier regarding the availability of the update for your phone

Ushud Fucoff: OK thank you for your help

Vivian: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

So lets hope an update is coming soon!

Sent from my Samsung Continuum SCH-I400 using DroidForums

txwolf1980

Reaction score
Hmmm... That's more of a confirmation about update than I ever got. I can't make myself get hopeful. But, id love it if I am wrong.

Either let me fly or give me death. Let my soul rest, or take my breath. - DMX

pkenitzer333

Reaction score
Thank you finally some kind of answer,have been to every site and asked in every way.......nothing

txwolf1980

Reaction score
Thank you finally some kind of answer,have been to every site and asked in every way.......nothing

That's because nobody has ever gotten one to give out. Tbh, i heard something very similar 6months ago, about froyo. Hence the reason I won't get my hopes up. But, the only thing that makes me wonder about this is the new google alliance that says they want to keep phones up to date for 18months minimum. Theoretically, they can skip froyo and go straight to gb... It would be odd, but it can be done. Especially since I know froyo was built, since I'm running a leak of it now.

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
After hearing all the issues the fascinate had with the froyo upgrade it makes sense to just skip to gingerbread instead of dealing with froyo issues.

txwolf1980

Reaction score
After hearing all the issues the fascinate had with the froyo upgrade it makes sense to just skip to gingerbread instead of dealing with froyo issues.

That's the thing. There are no real issues with this. And believe me, when it's stock odex with bloatware intact, it's the full thing. It's like it was made and readyvto go. Verizon just never bought it.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Here here! My Fascinate was awesome until Froyo..... It was never the save. Battery life went to hell, and the phone missed calls and texts. Loving my Incredible 2, however!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Getting the gingerbread will be the wise way to go instead of getting the crappy froyo.

pkenitzer333

Reaction score
forced applications ,droid 2 global

my forced update came w/ even more forced apps.now i have 50 unwanted ,unneeded apps.is this normal?

pkenitzer333

Reaction score
motorola droid 2 global,forced to download 4.5.608 syst.vers. android 2.3.3,not sure what it was before cuz i never had a problem w/it.now i have 50 bloatware apps. 4 alone are maps,phone is not working as well as before the update and there are way too many problems to list ,im new to all this sorry

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
I really wish that Verizon would get their heads out of their rear ends and get the updates rolling out. And they wondered why this phone didn't make as much of a splash as they hoped it would. Its very disappointing that such a great phone with a lot of potential gets screwed over because Verizon doesn't want to release even the 2.2 update that has been sent to them from Samsung. Pathetic.:mad:

txwolf1980

Reaction score
The problem with our phone was A. Bad timing and B. A complete non launch. This thing came out at the beginning of the '4 or norhing' phase. Nobody wanted a rehashwd fascinate with a smaller screen. And the ticker was never pumped by anyone. Actually, it was hurt when samsung made it clear to everyone that they would not release the api to third party devs. So the only notifications you were going to get were what was shipped. So, what could have been a great phone with an innovative design became a also ran, barely worthy of the galaxy s moniker with a (and I'm quoting SEVERAL reviews) novelty. And nobody bought it. So, big red said to hell with it.

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Yeah I think I might switch to my dad's old thunderbolt.

txwolf1980

Reaction score
Yeah I think I might switch to my dad's old thunderbolt.

Do your research first. Those things have had issues, too

I am not a fly, i am levitation. I represent an entire generation. - Niki Minaj