[POSSIBLE FIX] Phone issues on Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jyeley5, Aug 2, 2011.

1. jyeley5

jyeley5 New Member

I also had issues with the notorious speakerphone/mute/force close bug when answering a call on all Gingebread ROMS, not just PE. However, I installed a LV kernel, and set the governor to interactive, the minimum frequency to 500 MHz and the max to 1000 MHz, with the theory being that because the phones that are supposed to run Gingerbread via OEM have processors upwards of 800 MHz+, Gingerbread may not just be capable of retrieving calls from sleep at the low frequencies of our Droids (from what I have read, most people set the minimum to 250 - 400 MHz.) I tested this by placing 15 phones calls to my phone to see, and was able to answer them without any issues, as opposed to about 4 out out of every 15 FC'ing before I jacked up the frequencies. I played around a bit more, and it seems the sweet spot is 500 MHz or higher minimum frequency, and 800 MHz or higher max to avoid issues. It may be in my head, but it appears on my phone at least, this is the solution. If you are worried about your phone running hot or battery drain, I am using one of CorCor's LV kernel's and my phone is cool and lasting a solid 15 hours with heavy use. Let me know if this works for anyone else!
  2. ethanhunt123

ethanhunt123 New Member

ill give it a try! thanks!
  3. metalspring

metalspring New Member

I wonder if using setcpu's incall profile would work the same way...because the whole point of running low frequencies is to let the phone cool off more quickly and mainly for better battery life

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. 82DMC12

82DMC12 New Member

I'll try that, I had it set at 250. My only problem with PE is sometimes when I answer a phone call from sleep, it will continue to vibrate during the call and I can't end the call. When the other person hangs up, the call ends and the Phone force closes. The Dialer doesn't work again until I do a battery pull. This happened the 2nd day I flashed PE (Friday), then worked great all weekend and Monday, then today it did it twice in a row. I have answered probably 3 calls since then that went OK.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I went to 500 min with the governor at interactive. I hope this doesn't hurt battery life much. I really need to see 14 hrs of life.
  5. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

Any word on this? This is the only issue that has been plaguing me with the gingerbread roms as well. It seems that 4 days of running a gingerbread rom is the sweet spot. After 4 days, my chances of not being able to answer incoming calls goes up. And the longer I leave my phone on (hour wise) doesn't help either.
  6. cbrxcx5790

cbrxcx5790 New Member

My gingerbread update was acting up so I did a factory reset and it works flawlessly I really like it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  7. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

I wouldn't say the GB roms are acting up. It's just answering phone calls that is the issue. I've played with about 5-6 different roms over the past couple weeks now with the same results on answering calls.
  8. villain1998

villain1998 New Member

Thanks for posting this

I've noticed this too, especially since the Droid wasn't suppose to get GB in the first place I figured it was because it runs at a lower speed and not really a memory issue. What I've found out is that CorCor's kernels are better than the default and actngrezy's kernels. I don't know why but his higher speeds tend to work with my phone. In using Actngrezy's kernels even the faster ones I would still have trouble picking up the phone. Right now I'm using CorCor's 1.05 ghz, runs flawlessly.
  9. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

villain1998, I took your advice and stuck on a LV 1200 CorCor kernel and it's been working beautfully. I've been able to answer my phone for the past 3 days straight now.
  10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I know a lot of guys are keen on running their d1 @ 1ghz+, but I really do not see the need.

This is how I run my Droid, no matter what rom/kernal combo. I use either a 600 or 700 slot and run it at performance governor. It never has wake up lag like you get with ondemand governor. 600-700mhz is more than enough to run apps and games on the D1 (cpu speed is not the d1's issue, its the lack of ram).

Give it a try,battery life is great and performance is too. I think you'll change your mind.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. 82DMC12

82DMC12 New Member

I was having problems with the phone continuing the vibrate. I think I solved it. I went with Chevy's LV 1 ghz kernel and used set cpu to keep the range from 125 to 800. I'm using the performance scaling. Made a profile so that when the screen is off it is at 250 min, 550 max. The only time I let it go below 250 is when it is charging. I haven't had the vibrate issue for over a week now. I get about 14 hrs on a charge using the phone normally. For me that's 5 to 6 calls, probably 30 texts, a little PowerAmp, read the news, etc.
Search tags for this page

gingerbread force close fix

phone speaker gingerbread fix