Possible Enhanced Refresh of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming; i9260 Spec-list

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is what the GNex should have been. Display, SD and camera were all factors that pushed me to the Rezound.

acousticshade

Reaction score
kodiak799 said:
Yeah, this is what the GNex should have been. Display, SD and camera were all factors that pushed me to the Rezound.

Yup, same with me. I was pretty dissapointed when the gnex did come out. And yes, it did launch last December, so a refresh after 9 months isn't too bad. The razr maxx came out like only 3 or 4 months after the original razr I believe.

skennelly

Reaction score

True. This is not even an upgrade from the S3. Only way this phone makes sense is if the Gnex did get banned and then this released to replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what there is to complain about. Should Google have waited almost a year--not to mention that this device is not out yet--to bring this to the market so that it could come in this form? We'll see what happens, but rolling out a new version every year is fine. It offers newer technology to those who want it and discounted prices for previous models. This really isn't comparable to the RAZR/MAXX or Bionic/RAZR fallout because if you have the original Nexus you will still be getting timely updates and have a phone that is competitive with other offereings on the market.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
True. This is not even an upgrade from the S3. Only way this phone makes sense is if the Gnex did get banned and then this released to replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

It also makes sense if it's a refresh intended to be a lower cost, midrange model to sell along side the new Nexus (or the multiple new ones).

Big Ry

Reaction score
This really isn't comparable to the RAZR/MAXX or Bionic/RAZR fallout because if you have the original Nexus you will still be getting timely updates and have a phone that is competitive with other offereings on the market.
Not if its a VZW nexus.

On another note, there's rumors of multiple nexi coming this time around, so I guess this could simply be samsungs offering...though I would have expected a little more from them after releasing the SGS3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

52brandon

Reaction score
I like the idea of a removable microSD, not so much for the storage side of things, but if you somehow screw up a ROM flash, you can pull it and put a new ROM on it since you can't mount as storage from recovery.

a few things I would like to see more details about that would really decide my level of interest in this phone considering I'm already on a GNEX:
-physical specs. I understand it has the same size screen in a higher resolution which is nice, but will the phone be any smaller? Like bring the bezel in closer to the display like some of the old SGS3 concepts implied. Phones are just getting too huge to comfortably fit in my pocket now, even if they are thinner. Definitely doesn't help that a lot of newer jeans have even smaller damn pockets
-RAM. Will there be more? Perhaps a more efficient chip?
-battery. will it be bigger or maybe/hopefully just more efficient and possibly smaller?
-CPU. Is it the same chip, just clocked to correct specs as asked before? Or will it hopefully be an upgraded, updated one?
-GPU. Will it have the same chip? Newer/better one? I would be leaning toward the latter, given the better screen/cameras
-more details on cameras. I'm not photographer, but I know MP hardly tells the whole story about the quality of the camera
-better screen protection? I have stud earrings that have left light scratches on the screen. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance that I never experienced with my TB or D1

either way. I love my GNEX and am looking forward to this device's release (assuming this isn't some BS fake leak from somebody with nothing better to do)

suteerj

Reaction score
For my taste, the new nexus could keep the design, because I really like. Minijack change the position of the top, but would put a dual core ARM Cortex of a15, not the old A9. The ram's subiria at least 1.5. Should bring up the volume, because the nexus sounds very low. Would put the SD card and activate the radio, on the other nexus is disabled. With that, it would be a great phone, and I happy to buy it, along with a 10-inch tablet nexus, if also added SD card, rear camera, and some more nonsense.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It launched December 15th if I remember correctly.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX
I believe it was back in November.

The Nexus is suppose to be the flagship, even the $199 Nexus 7 has a quad core. A dual-core 1.5 and 8MP camera are far from great upgrades.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I believe it was back in November.

The Nexus is suppose to be the flagship, even the $199 Nexus 7 has a quad core. A dual-core 1.5 and 8MP camera are far from great upgrades.

The unlocked, international version launched in November of 2011. The Verizon version was released on December 15.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Pretty sure it was originally slated for November. But it was a roller coaster release and got pushed back a couple times.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7