Possible Droid Hacking. Please Help.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
About an hour ago, there was a message on in my messages. I use handcent. The message itself was under one of my contacts messages.

I clicked on the download button and the message expired and self deleted.

There was some kind of slowdown on my phone. Like right now, there's a lag when I'm typing this.

I used the virus scanner but I didn't find anything.

I checked the running apps and there's nothing significant.

Anybody have any ideas?

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Is it possible that all my saved information got transmitted to whoever.

Ie: card numbers, gvoice gmail passwords.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Did you install any kind of app right before this happen? That should be one of the only ways that could happen and even then not likely.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
unless you used a bank app that isn't on the Market. you're fine.

Follow instructions and let me know!!

Lol I keep quoting you but you are right yet again. The 3rd party bank apps are not a app you need to install, use only a app that your bank put on the market.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
whoa folks.. its ok.. this happen to me yesterday and i freaked out. i got something that said something like "Unknownsender:" gave some exp date, and had a "Download" button.. i texted the person who's name it popped up under and she had sent me a picture message.... it's just a fluke, not a virus.
also using handcent. what you described is the same thing that happened to me. ;)

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
whoa folks.. its ok.. this happen to me yesterday and i freaked out. i got something that said something like "Unknownsender:" gave some exp date, and had a "Download" button.. i texted the person who's name it popped up under and she had sent me a picture message.... it's just a fluke, not a virus.
also using handcent. what you described is the same thing that happened to me. ;)

Ok, lemme check if theres anything new under my gallery and see if theres a picture there that I downloaded.

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
I used the antivirus app from here. droidSecurity -Keeping Android Devices Safe

The last 3 updates that I did were for Spira Defense, Abduction, and Beautiful Widgets.

The only non-market I use is Swype.

I didn't find any photos or videos that I 'downloaded'. Whats that program that lets you download things from text messages?

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Update: the "Save MMS" app found two new pictures and I saved them to my sd card. I now sent them to the guy to see if he sent any of those pictures. If thats the case, then I can sleep well tonight. Wish me luck.

OP
R

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Well, he didnt recognize the two pictures.

He also doesn't remember sending me any pictures from the past 10 days.

One last question, do MMS expire? I mean, for after a while, can you not able to download whatever is being sent to you?

Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me. I wonder what it is that makes it happen. I just reboot my phone and the picture is there. I highly doubt anyone will be receiving a virus via text seeing as how it will probably not fit in a text message. I don't think the OP needs to worry that much.