Possible dock issue?

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
So i plugged my home dock in with an old cable from my old phone and streamed pandora while it charged to full yesterday. Then I pop the phone in the dock last night set an alarm and tap the screen darken button wake up to find battery has run down ten percent despite it saying" charging" am I alone in this will have to play with it more?

PjD

Reaction score
I put mine in the dock last night, thought all was good, darkened screen and all.... got up a hour later to a barking dog, so I walk by phone and its lit up nice and bright not in dock mode and not charging...
I removed and reinstalled it and darkened screen and it was fine, woke up fully charged this am..
This was with my old cable also...
On a side note...
It is a very tight connection in the home dock (2 connections now instead of 1 with the old Moto Droid).. at least for me.. I am kinda feeling the ports may eventually get damaged, anyone else feel this?
I dont want to bring this phone back in a month cause it wont charge, only for the tech guy to tell me the ports are damaged... and try to blame it on the car charger...
Another side note...
My weather widget wont launch when its in the dock... it says unable to launch widget...

Pj

rolandct

Reaction score
Mine charged last night fine and was at 100% when I took it off this morning. Maybe some defective docks?

Speedr117

Reaction score
It's definately a snug fit! And good luck getting it out of the dock!

As far as charging, I've set it so my screen never goes to sleep when charging, then I manually lock the phone to make the screen turn off. Just my way of knowing it's in there and charging. BTW, the magnets make the phone appear to be docked whether it's in or not.

OP
F

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
hrm will the magnets have the dock screen say charging? that might have been my issue last night...