Possible D1 hardware is aging?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by metalspring, Oct 25, 2011.

1. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I've had my trusty Droid for close to 2 years now and been rooted for about a year and a half, always flashing new roms and kernels and most of the time ran 1.25 gHz low/ultra low voltage kernels and applying many tweaks ( uninstalling many system apps, 3g data speed tweaks, sysctl tweaks, v6 supercharger and build.prop mods)
    I remember being able to once run sapphire rom and their 1.32 gHz lv kernel once upon a time with ease. However now I've tried kernels that fast to no avail, even tried the old sapphire setup to no avail (won't even boot) and I even tried unrooting, sbf stock and rerooting to no avail. Even running my usual roms at 1.25 gHz ulv and my usual tweaks. Is it possible my poor Droids hardware (especially the processor) has just degraded over time from running so much faster? Or is it just possible that current kernels capable of 1.3 gHz are just not done well enough? (Only current ones are deprimed kernel with custom values (freeze and reboot upon setting to 1.3 gHz) and Pete's kernels (all 1.3 GHz kernels slow way down and display 2600 MHz upon overclocking to 1.3)

So aging hardware or poor kernel support for 1.3GHz?

2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I have heard there are issues with Pete's 1.3 GHz kernel. As far as your old set up not working, well, overclocking is known to damage the phone to a certain extent...the only "advise" I can give you on that would be to try a slower speed or higher voltage kernel.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk