Possessed Droid 1

kcook323

Reaction score
(sigh) Ok, I really, really, really want a new phone, but due to a recent job change, and bills being tighter than normal, hubby doesn't want to have to go under contract again. (WAH), so.......

Last Thursday my phone started acting buggy. It was literally pushing and logging in and changing things (alarms, calling people, gallery, etc). I pulled the battery several times and even after I turned my phone back on, it would still do it. Sometimes I can get on it and it will be fine (it's hit or miss), but then eventually it starts doing it again. I usually lock my phone and put it back on the charger. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the touch screen, or if it is an app that is doing it. Right before this all started, I did a Google Goggles update (blah, don't even remember putting that on my phone) and a Google maps update. I was able to get in long enough and delete the Goggles app.

Has anyone else had this issue? I looked around the forums to see, but I never did find anything, so I figured I would ask. Also, is there any easy/cheap way to get a new phone without going under a contract?

Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
They are known to go crazy sometimes. You could try a factory reset. To do that, hit the Menu button, then Privacy & you'll see the option for the Factory data reset.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you need a cheap phone, swappa.com may have some. Just make sure whatever phone you get has a clean ESN. And if possible, check it through Verizon before you buy it. If the ESN is bad, you wont be able to use it on any carrier. People sell stolen phones all the time.

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
I just did the reboot and it is still doing the same thing. I managed to get my gmail's loaded on and then it started trying to type itself. When I logged on facebook, it started doing it too.

Thanks for the new phone info. What is an ESN?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Last Thursday my phone started acting buggy. It was literally pushing and logging in and changing things (alarms, calling people, gallery, etc). I pulled the battery several times and even after I turned my phone back on, it would still do it. Sometimes I can get on it and it will be fine (it's hit or miss), but then eventually it starts doing it again. I usually lock my phone and put it back on the charger. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the touch screen, or if it is an app that is doing it.

Is it doing this while connected to a charger? If so, I bet its not a Motorola charger. This is a "known issue" per se. I know my D1 would do strange things if I used the Samsung or LG Charger.

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Is it doing this while connected to a charger? If so, I bet its not a Motorola charger. This is a "known issue" per se. I know my D1 would do strange things if I used the Samsung or LG Charger.

Nope, I always use my dock or car charger made for my phone.

I think I found the culprit. I had a late bill. I wonder if my service was purposely whacked. So far, no issues since I paid my bill this afternoon. Anyways, knocking on wood. dancedroid

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Um, yeah, scratch that last post. It worked for a good day. I mean, I do seem to have more control of it than I did, but like last night, I couldn't get the main menu button to work last night (the one with the lines, second button from left). :/

jchammer123

Reaction score
I had the same problem and tried all the ways of fixing it, use Motorola charger, make sure no moisture was getting to the screen, and flashing different roms, and nothing worked. I ended up having to get a new phone. You can get a d1 pretty cheap online. You can even get a newer phone pretty cheap on some sites out there. Sorry for the bad news.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Yeah, my phone cleared up for a couple of weeks. Now it is doing that Ghost thing again. Looks like I will be getting another phone before long. I do have insurance on my phone, would that be covered under it, or does it just cover physical damage?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Yeah, my phone cleared up for a couple of weeks. Now it is doing that Ghost thing again. Looks like I will be getting another phone before long. I do have insurance on my phone, would that be covered under it, or does it just cover physical damage?

I believe its just physical damage. But if you're screen was cracked it would be covered, wink wink.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk