Porting(?) Themed APKs

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Vertigo RT, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Vertigo RT

Vertigo RT New Member

Im currently running Cyanogen 6 w/ the Luna theme. Love the theme... but a lot of widgets werent themed. Im looking to take the twitter APK out of DarkBerry theme (also for C6) and the Gmail APK out of black and bold (I like the black themed Gmail, stock white is just too... bright, lol) When I extract them from the theme zips and attempt an install Im told: Application was not installed. Apparently, Im screwing up here... is this even a possibility for my phone?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

from what i've read, you may run into a problem because the apk's from other themes aren't signed. therefore, you can't just simply "install" them. however, you may be able to put them in system apps using root explorer, and then change permissions for them and reboot.
  3. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I would just take them, open them up with 7-zip and drag the themed apks into the luna zip. That way they'll install nicely everytime you have to flash it. And you only have to do it once.

Better than installing 6 different things just to get the look you like.

Something must be wrong though...Luna is usually fully themed. I could be wrong though.