1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ported Old Gallery App (2.0.1) to BB0.4 moto Droid

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by eddieonofre, Aug 20, 2010.

1. eddieonofre

eddieonofre New Member

Hi guys I ported the old Gallery app coz I really dont like the 3d Gallery app
    it's just unnecessary since doesn't add any functionality and the zooming sucks

But I cant find a way to post it so you can download it
    (can someone shoe me how to post it)

But you can pm if u wanna give it a try I can send it to you by mail...

Update: I post it in MediaFire
    Gallery 2.0.1

Update:
    I Forgot to mention that in order to install this Gallery you mush push the apk in the system app folder (Since is a stock app)
    and that the Camera app on froyo calls by default the 3d gallery when you click on the upper right image to see the last image taken, and I don'k know a way to change if someone can shows me or do it it would be really appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Do you mean you just want to host the file somewhere so others can download it? There are plenty of free file hosts you can use for that sort of thing. The first one that comes to mind would be MediaFire.

Though personally I am more interested in how you went about porting the old app to Froyo than actually using it. I have tried my hand at pulling individual applications from the Android source tree and building them against the newer APIs and got nowhere fast. Any information you can give on that?
  3. eddieonofre

eddieonofre New Member

hem... android tree?? I am not that hacky I just did it a kind of clumsy way that works or at least in these case it worked
    I have downloaded in my computer the rom for 2.0,2.0.1,2.1,.2.2
    I download them from Pete Site
    I make a backup of my current state then install 2.0.1 for which I got to flah data and chache
    once there using any file manager or adb in my pc I pull out the app (I could pull all of them but I just pulled the Gallery)
    and then restore my backup and push the app in... just like that and it worked
    only thing is when you on the camera app when you click the small image it stills send you to the 3d app
    but if you do menu-> gallery it lets you select which gallery go to.

I have "ported" some apps that way already I did it whit the IM app (from a rom that I dont remember the name) but it didn't work my believe is that IM it only works on T-Mobile network
  4. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Oh, so you just pulled the APK out of the stock firmware and installed it. No changes were made to the actual source?
  5. eddieonofre

eddieonofre New Member

yep, just like that
    I told you I'm not that hacky of a guy
    But if you can show me some tricks that will be great
Search tags for this page

android 2.0.1 gallery apk

gallery.apk for android 2.0

stock gallery.apk android 2.1