Portable wifi hotspot not working

afallucco

Reaction score
Whenever I go to activate the portable wifi hotspot in the phone settings the phone automatically says error. Is there a fix for this or will there be in the future? Running Kangerade 4.0.7 blueberry.

stark23x

Reaction score
You know what's happening with this now? That damn icon is back when I plug in via usb. Can we kill that thing forever and ever amen please? please? ;)

**EDIT**

My fault. I pulled a services.jar from another file and that's clearly what you patched, so...totally my fault! Sorry. that damn icon makes me insane. Dunno why, it's so small and silly but I see it and I just want to smash its face. If it had a face. :)

Last edited:

drandroid

Reaction score
wifi tether

i realize they are talking about the built in wifi hotspot..... but what about the wifi tether app we've all been using up until now... should it work with froyo ?

DrDroidDO

Reaction score
Wifi tether works great. Its actually in the market for free!

drandroid

Reaction score
i wish

mine just never seems to work now since I flashed this rom..... It will start up and even shows some data has moved but when it connects to the wifi it says no internet connection..... any ideas? I went back to newer version of Simply Stunning and it seemed to work fine but kangerade just will not give me any love

DrDroidDO

Reaction score
My wireless tether only works with access control turned off. Otherwise I get the same scenario you described.

drandroid

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the reply... at least now I know someone else has had the same issue. I was starting to think I was going nuts.... No one would respond, and I had posted in several places trying to figure out whats going on...

johnnyvol

Reaction score
Yes, I too had the same issues with wifi tether. Got rid of the access control and it works great. You can still set up a pass phrase for security.

Try it and see if that fixes it.

superglen99

Reaction score
I dont see the pointof wireless hotspot when you have wireless tether free in the market?? and with usb tether there is no need for wireless hotspot. Since it doesnt work and wireless tether is the same and does just remove hotspot, easy fix.

camaro1173

Reaction score
I dont see the pointof wireless hotspot when you have wireless tether free in the market?? and with usb tether there is no need for wireless hotspot. Since it doesnt work and wireless tether is the same and does just remove hotspot, easy fix.

Hi I have been fitting with both usb and wierless on my droid and to let you know I can not get eitgher one to work for me. I can get the pc to connect but all I get with wirelss is the abilty to transfer stuff no internet. My usb works the same but I can get to the net but automatily send me to VZ to singe up. Do you know how to get around this? Any help is welcome. Droid bbv4 chevy 1.25 black glassdancedroid

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

Hi I have been fitting with both usb and wierless on my droid and to let you know I can not get eitgher one to work for me. I can get the pc to connect but all I get with wirelss is the abilty to transfer stuff no internet. My usb works the same but I can get to the net but automatily send me to VZ to singe up. Do you know how to get around this? Any help is welcome. Droid bbv4 chevy 1.25 black glassdancedroid

Sounds to me like an issue with Pete's ROM for the wired tether issue as it is pointing you back to VZW. I've used Chevyno1's and Jrummy's most current ROMs this past weekend/wk and have had no issue with wired tethering. Just plug the device in check the box and it is ready to roll.

I rarely is ever use wireless tether so I can say what is up with that. But if I were to guess it has something to do along the same lines of the wired tether issue. Which is a ROM problem I'd think.

superglen99

Reaction score
I have never seen the vzw page and have no issues with wired or wireless tether. Wish I could help you out. Jrummy 4.0.7 nextheme P3 1.1 ghz kernal

camaro1173

Reaction score
I hope I can figure this out I really like BB's rom just need to get past this. Hopefully I find the answer.

camaro1173

Reaction score
I hope I can figure this out I really like BB's rom just need to get past this. Hopefully I find the answer.

Spent a hole lot of time but I finally have got it to work. Not one single problem no more VZW page at all dancedroid

Moto Droid
BB V0.4
Chevy kernel ulv 1.25
Black Glass theme