Portable battery chargers Don't work?

zadam123

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the razor will work with portable batterie chargers other then verizon? I bought 1 off ebay 4000mah and it didn't work. maybe it was broken it kinda looks cheap. but then I went to best buy and bought $100 my charge 6000. when you plug it in the phone it says charging for about 1 second and then shuts off. I called the company and they said maybe the razor doesn't support portable chargers.
Does anybody have any luck with portable chargers and what brand are you using. I would like at least 3000 mah
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm using a Anker 5600 mAh power bank as I write. It's working fine. There are ones with less power but I wanted more charges so it would be suitable for things like camping, long flight days and power outages. ANKER works and comes in many sizes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SallyC

Reaction score
I just realized something that may be your problem. If I turn off my phone my charger will not stay on. Never did that before but maybe that's your issue.

robert70

Reaction score
I use the anker too, and if I shut my phone off it does the same thing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
You know what - I'm playing with it now and realizing that after my screen goes off, it shuts down shortly too! So now I'm thinking there's something being shut down in the connection of the micro USB. I'll write them and ask. They've been very good with answering in another question I had.

Captmilk

Reaction score
You know what - I'm playing with it now and realizing that after my screen goes off, it shuts down shortly too! So now I'm thinking there's something being shut down in the connection of the micro USB. I'll write them and ask. They've been very good with answering in another question I had.

I ordered this one which is "meant for the Razr"? I'lll let you know how it works. I did have the previous version, but it barely charged my phone 50%
Set Your Location

jayb

Reaction score
I ordered this one which is "meant for the Razr"? I'lll let you know how it works. I did have the previous version, but it barely charged my phone 50%
Set Your Location

I use this one and it works great for what I need. It is not the biggest but heck its really small and fits in my pocket and will charge my phone up almost all the way from being dead. I think it is great knowing I dont have to find a outlet immediately and having this for a backup.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I'm using a Anker 5600 mAh power bank as I write. It's working fine. There are ones with less power but I wanted more charges so it would be suitable for things like camping, long flight days and power outages. ANKER works and comes in many sizes.

How many full charges do you get on your Razr?

jayb

Reaction score
The Motorola one charges almost fully from about 15% dead on phone. When I first got it I didnt like it but after a couple of times using it I really think its a must have if you will be away from an outlet for a long period. I have got 2 days use between it and the phone its self. Thats with a lot of heavy use also.

Captmilk

Reaction score
The Motorola one charges almost fully from about 15% dead on phone. When I first got it I didnt like it but after a couple of times using it I really think its a must have if you will be away from an outlet for a long period. I have got 2 days use between it and the phone its self. Thats with a lot of heavy use also.

Sweet that's good to hear! I was checking out the Anker 5600 mAh power bank that SallyC was talking about. They claim to charge your phone 3 times. that's crazy awesome. The price is only $39.99 on Amazon or Ebay with free shipping. That's only $10 more than I paid for the Moto one.

jayb

Reaction score
Ya I have not looked at the anker one but I really like how small and slim that Moto one is.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I use the New Trent 7000mah Arcadia and get about 3-4 full charges (battery starting around 10%). It's been great for weekend trips and can also charge tablets via the 2nd higher output port that it has. Never seems to get warm while charging devices or recharging itselt, which is usually a product of good design and quality components. Definitely more than happy with it!

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
after going to best buy and telling them it dont work with the razor i noticed they had a razor on display there and to my surprise it worked on there phone and all the orher phones they had on display so my next stop was verizon to thell them my phone was broken. the guy who was helpong me had the razor so he saw what was happening and was getting me a new one but when they pluged it into the new phone it didnt work so they thought it was a setting in the phone stopping it from charging. after about 1 hr of playing with his and my phone to see what settings were diffrent he noticed that when my phone was pluged into the charger it had 2 lights but when his phone was pluged in there were none so the book says if lights are on its in some kind of protection surge mode meaning my phone was so dead it couldnt charge (this is dumb since this is the purpose of the divice)

in conclusion if you want this battery charger you must charge your phone in order for it to work because if your phone goes low it wont work. talk about ass backwards!

11bravo

Reaction score
I use the New Trent 7000mah Arcadia and get about 3-4 full charges (battery starting around 10%). It's been great for weekend trips and can also charge tablets via the 2nd higher output port that it has. Never seems to get warm while charging devices or recharging itselt, which is usually a product of good design and quality components. Definitely more than happy with it!

Can you please put up some pics of this next to the Droid razr? I just want to see how big this portable charger is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums