1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Port forwarding

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by draco obscura, Apr 6, 2012.

1. draco obscura

draco obscura New Member

This may be the wrong sub-forum, and if so I apologize in advance.

So, I recently moved, and no one offers internet service out to my house. Since I have an unlimited data plan with my phone, I've been using PdaNet to tether my phone to my computer to get online. This has been a slow but acceptable alternative to absolutely no internet at all. I can even play games online, so long as I don't get a phonecall in the middle of a match. Recently though, I got a new game that uses Games for Windows Live, without realizing that, if I understand the issues correctly, it requires UPnP or perhaps just unique ports to be open that my many-fold other online games don't require to connect. So my question is, is there a way to turn UPnP on on a Droid 3, and/or to forward a few extra ports, to see if this is indeed the issue, so that I can play my game?
  2. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

No. Since your connecting directly to your phone and not a router in between, the only thing that can be blocking those ports is on the carrier side of things.

Looks like your out of luck :frown:
Search tags for this page
android hotspot port forwarding
gfwl pdanet
how to open ports on pdanet
how to port forward android phone
how to port forward pdanet
open port on android device
open ports pdanet
pdanet port forward

pdanet port forwarding

port forward pdanet