popup ads

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by rttwlr7, Jul 29, 2013.

1. rttwlr7

rttwlr7 New Member

just replaced my bionic and reinstalled all of my apps,settings etc. when i unlock my phone it goes directly to the play store on the candy crush download page. i also get random ads in my notification bar for junk mail and things that i have won. i had adfree on my other rooted bionic but it doesn't seem to work on this one which is also rooted running jellybean. is there an app i can use to clean out the adware?
  2. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Google took most of the ad blockers off the Store. There is an app that may be able to determine the source of the problem, AirPush Defender.

As for taking you to the Store, it may ID that problem too. Either you installed something from the Store or sideloaded something that seems to be where the problem is.
  3. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

My wife had the exact same problem on her HTC Incredible 4 after I did a FDR. I tried two different adware apps and neither found anything wrong. I found some posts on-line about Candy Crush Saga. I had to completely remove all of the games she had installed (Candy Crush, Words With Friends, Scramble With, etc) and all of those symptoms disappeared. Not sure if the same will work for you, but it worked on her phone. Everything you are describing was driving her crazy.
Search tags for this page
ads popup for s4

all the advertising pop up when i unlock my galaxy

android phone randomly going to candy crush page

block candy crush on samsung s4

blocking adware pop ups on galaxy s4

galaxy s3 pop up ads

galaxy s4 candy crush pop up

how do i stop ads from popping up on my gs active

how to remove pop up ads on galaxy s3

lg optimus g popup ads

play store randomly opens