Popping noise

buffhawk84

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a popping sound while using their phone in vibrate mode?

It happens every time I hit the next arrow in my Facebook widget or the up/down arrows on my espn widget. If I being my ear close to the speaker is can hear a small pop followed by some quiet white noise then the same small pop... Weird.

I AM using volume+, I'm going to try disabling that and see if it helps.
(disables enhanced speaker settings)
Nope.

Is this a known issue with ics?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pjkump

Reaction score
I was getting multiple popping noises while using volume+ and I disabled that and it took care of it. Something wrong with that app I think.

OP
buffhawk84

buffhawk84

Reaction score
It has absolutely nothing to do with volume+ but I did notice today that it happens all the time, ringer, vibrate, and even in silent mode.

Axium

Reaction score
Only happened to me when I flashed a kernel. Popped and rebooted so I flashed a new one instantly.

OP
buffhawk84

buffhawk84

Reaction score
I just flashed a new rom, liquid smooth beta5 and am still hearing the pop.

Most of the time it's too quiet to hear unless you put the speaker up to your ear. I just created this post to confirm I'm not going crazy.

wil318466

Reaction score
not sure if this is related, but it could be DSP manager. Do you have that installed in the rom? If so, freeze or uninstall it through titanium backup

OP
buffhawk84

buffhawk84

Reaction score
not sure if this is related, but it could be DSP manager. Do you have that installed in the rom? If so, freeze or uninstall it through titanium backup

I do currently, but the pop was noticeable using gummy and stock rom, no dsp.

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
I had this problem for the longest time when I first got the GNex. Its the Touch Sound. Even when I had my phone on vibrate or silence, I still heard it. Go to Settings->Sound and uncheck Touch Sound. This fixed it for me. Any form of touch input would cause a pop.

OP
buffhawk84

buffhawk84

Reaction score
I had this problem for the longest time when I first got the GNex. Its the Touch Sound. Even when I had my phone on vibrate or silence, I still heard it. Go to Settings->Sound and uncheck Touch Sound. This fixed it for me. Any form of touch input would cause a pop.

You're the man, you hit the nail on the head. I disabled the touch sound about a week ago and just noticed today that the sound had disappeared. Your post confirms my suspicion. Thanks!

moot

Reaction score
Wow,thank you so much! So happy to finally have this disabled.