Popping my head in to join the Rezound community

PhDCow

Reaction score
When my friendly FedEx delivery man brings me my Rezound, I will be doing the happy dance. It's a replacement for a malfunctioning Razr. Motorola products don't like me, but I love HTC so the CSR was awesome and ordered me a Rezound instead of yet another Razr.

I've played with the store phone and I've read the reviews. So I'm asking, what do I need to know? After I get the accounts set up, are there any apps that I should get from the Market? Do I need to condition this battery? I've been using the Android platform since 2009 and I had the Incredible 2, so I know my way around Gingerbread and Sense. Any tips or tricks that I should know about?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the Rezound world. I was just reading your thread over in Razr land. As far as apps go I don't think you need to download anything special other than what you're used to using. You don't need to train the battery either. The same advice that FoxKat gives out for the Razr is applicable to the Rezound except for the battery pull. We can actually take ours out... LOL. The battery life isn't the greatest but the beautiful thing is you can buy an extended battery for it. I did and I love it. Again welcome and enjoy the phone and don't be shy about asking questions.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the shout out! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
PhDCow said:
Any tips or tricks that I should know about?

There is one nice thing that the Rezound can do. Screen shots. Hold the power button down and press the home key at the same time. It'll take a screen shot and store it in your gallery.

Thanks for the shout out! :D

No problem. :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
PhDCow

PhDCow

Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings! The screenshot alone is making me giddy. I didn't know it had that feature and now I'm even happier.

Best place to get the extended battery?

Insidious

Reaction score
PhDCow said:
When my friendly FedEx delivery man brings me my Rezound, I will be doing the happy dance. It's a replacement for a malfunctioning Razr. Motorola products don't like me, but I love HTC so the CSR was awesome and ordered me a Rezound instead of yet another Razr.

I've played with the store phone and I've read the reviews. So I'm asking, what do I need to know? After I get the accounts set up, are there any apps that I should get from the Market? Do I need to condition this battery? I've been using the Android platform since 2009 and I had the Incredible 2, so I know my way around Gingerbread and Sense. Any tips or tricks that I should know about?

Welcome to the Rezound! If your into modding and such, xda is where most of the development takes places, and root wiki has a few threads. The threads here aren't very up to date or plentiful.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks for the greetings! The screenshot alone is making me giddy. I didn't know it had that feature and now I'm even happier.

Best place to get the extended battery?

I got mine at the VZ store. It was on sale, 50% off. It still may be, check it out. The screen shot feature is nice. It'll take a pic of anything on your screen from your background to web sites to stills from videos and cams. It works well.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
LoudRam said:
Never tried that yet. I never knew it could do that. Cool!

All LTE phones can do this, but the ReZound & Thunderbolt let you also do it over 3G. Which is something no other vzw phone can do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
PhDCow

PhDCow

Reaction score
Got it yesterday. Somehow my order got screwed up and was treated as a regular replacement, not as a completely new phone as a replacement, so I didn't get a battery. Customer Service was deplorable, but the managers of one of the local stores hooked me up with both the standard and extended batteries for free as well as the charger.

I forgot how much I missed Sense. And the phone is so pretty - rounded edges and everything. The Razr was boxy. I don't mind the thickness because I feel like I'm holding a phone in my hand. Call quality is great. Even at 0% brightness, the screen is easy to read. Oh, I am one happy girl! :)

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
It's great to hear that you're happy with it. And you got an extended battery for free too. The same thing happened to me when they replaced my dinc with a dinc2, no battery. But I ended up getting two regular batteries out of the deal. Enjoy your new toy. Here's a teaser, you think the phone runs good now just wait until ics comes out. The ics leak took my phone to a whole new level. You're in for a treat when it hits.