Pop3 not working after 2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by sheetman0204, Aug 26, 2010.

1. sheetman0204

sheetman0204 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My droid updated from 2.1 to 2.2 recently, and I have noticed the e-mail is not working. I checked the accounts and they are fine incoming and outgoing servers are both found. Yet when you open it to check mail the little wheel just spins like it can't pull e-mail across. Any help in advance is apreciated.

2. juswannabefree

juswannabefree New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I reported mine weren't working I was told to go to Messaging, Manage Accounts, Delete the account and re-add the account. It's weird but I needed to do this on both my old Devour and on my new Droid 2. Good Luck :)

3. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The stock email app is crap. Use any alternative such as K9, Maildroid, or Touchdown.

4. sheetman0204

sheetman0204 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i did find k-9 last night and installed it and it is working fine:icon_ banana:

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    The above message was aminaked's entitled opinion. That fact that I totally disagree with him is a perfect example on how people can get along in this forum.

I will say this about aminaked, he has become a lean, mean, source of email info. It's just this little area of disagreement we have. I feel if you are running gmail as your main mail application then there is no need for anything else.

And when did Maildroid show up? That's news to me.

6. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I agree, twice.....the Gmail is a good working application service, but the stock "email" app is horrible.

7. sheetman0204

sheetman0204 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The k9 seems to work fine but it doesn't auto poll I set it to every half hour but still don't quite work right. Also are there any other alternatives to sync with outlook other than companion? Preferably a free one!

8. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, I always forget about the option to forward email to gmail or have gmail check your other email accounts! I should have mentioned that. However, I don't think there is disagreement that the stock Email client (not talking about the Gmail app--it is fine) has some serious bugs and lacks some basic features.

K9 does have a few features over the Gmail app, but not everyone needs or wants stuff like per account notification sounds/notification lights. I have to remember for the future: getting your email through gmail is a good solution!

Sheetman, make sure your phone's background data option is on and don't kill tasks.

#8 aminaked, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
Search tags for this page

1and 1 incoming server not working on android