POP3 Email Disappearing

SuprSpy79

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First post here. I have been using my new droid for about 2 weeks. Coming from a BB I am used to the phone storing my email for my pop3 account on my phone. When I delete an email it asks to delete from the server as well, Droid does this as well. The issue I am having is, after my phone receives the email, I go to my home computer and download all my email to thunderbird. All the message that were on my droid in my pop3 account are now gone. When I was using my BB all the messages remained on my BB even after downloading them on my home computer. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

Regards

patriot42606

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue. Did you ever find a workaround/resolution for this?

OP
S

SuprSpy79

Reaction score
unfortunately I do not think this is an "issue" I think it is by design from everything I can tell. Awful design, that is how imap should work not pop3.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download K9. The stock email app has so many bugs, it's not even funny. In K9 you want to UNCHECK "Sync remote deletions" if you want the messages to remain on your droid even after you've removed them from the server.

An alternative is to set up every client that accesses the POP3 account to "leave mail on server" and "delete from server when I delete".