pop-up message "error creating notification:java.util."

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a pop-up message on my home screen saying...

"error creating notification:java.util.
ConcurrentModificationException null"

It just happened and it's not going away. I'm sure a reboot will help but I would like to find out what's causing it.

I googled it and all I saw were dozens of Chinese websites referencing the issue. Google's translations were useless.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Educated guess: Looks like something is trying to update your notifications (probably in your drawer), and is passing in a null (empty) value. Have you recently installed any new apps?

Hi all,

I'm getting a pop-up message on my home screen saying...

"error creating notification:java.util.
ConcurrentModificationException null"

It just happened and it's not going away. I'm sure a reboot will help but I would like to find out what's causing it.

I googled it and all I saw were dozens of Chinese websites referencing the issue. Google's translations were useless.

Thanks

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Well, the two apps that I just installed the day before were Juice Defender and I updated Desktop Visualizer. I was hooked up to my PC also, accessing the memory card via USB. I had just dismounted from the SD through the Android internal controls when the message appeared.

I've been using the phone normally since the message appeared, rebooting a few times, and it hasn't come back (so far). I guess you could call it a non-issue but ut just bugs me not knowing what caused it and what else it might be doing that I can't see.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy answer, if you're on ICS, disable all apps you've installed until it stops. Juice defender and Desktop Visualizer are not likely causes. Also, are you on a ROM or stock? If I had to wager a guess, it's probably something with air push ads.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Easy answer, if you're on ICS, disable all apps you've installed until it stops. Juice defender and Desktop Visualizer are not likely causes. Also, are you on a ROM or stock? If I had to wager a guess, it's probably something with air push ads.

I'm using RezROM Ex 3.4 which is ICS based. Not likely to be air push. I have Add-ons Detector installed and have scanned for air-push and it didn't find any.

bmaz121

Reaction score
Error Notification

The important thing here is not what happened but what to do about it. Sure we know some app is causing this but on ICS this message will not go away. So the real answer is what program can be installed to clear these messages for one. Two, could it be a Java version problem on the phone and does Java even get updated in ICS and how to do that. Rebooting is just not convenient in the middle of doing something like syncing the phone with the PC. Any ideas out there?

bmaz121

Reaction score
I also wanted to mention that in my case this happens in two different conditions. First is tapping the Turn Off USB storage notification screen. Second is when booting the phone, If I don't put the password for the SIM card soon enough The same thing happens. But not every time in both cases. So isn't there a Java ap that can clear the screen? As far as I can see there is no functionality loss the message is just in the way so you can not read the screen. Screen reset?