Poor signal and battery life

pcolevr

Reaction score
Hi again - With all the research I'e done the past few weeks, I should have seen an answer to this one, but can anyone tell me.....

Signal Strength - If you are in a place where you are getting a signal, but it comes and goes to the point where it's difficult at times to hold a complete conversation - Sometimes you have a single bar and sometimes no bars. Does this make your battery life go down significantly? Common sense mandates that it would have SOME affect, but could it be considerable?

2nd question - Anytime I exit any app - or press the home key, it takes sometimes a full minute - up to 2 minutes for my home screen to actually pop up. I don't have any home replacement apps installed or anything like that - in fact I have removed almost every app I had trying to solve the battery life issue. Any ideas on this? Does this fall under the umbrella of the Froyo problems I'm having? dancedroid

Thanks again - don't know what I would have done without you guys!!

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about your first question

You are having homescreen redraws...google changed how apps work in 2.2, and this is whats happening because of it. Some roms have an option to attempt to lock the home application in memory in the settings.