Poor Contact Picture Quality = Defect

rda990

Reaction score
definitely not a hardware issue...could be the facebook server side or the facebook program that gets the pictures,it probably only gets the resolution for the contacts in the phone book and when you get a call it uses the same small picture to make it big=pixilated...mine does the same thing.

OP
D
Reaction score
No it has nothing to do with the facebook server because it even does it with my pictures I have taken at 5mp and super fine quality.

definitely not a hardware issue...could be the facebook server side or the facebook program that gets the pictures,it probably only gets the resolution for the contacts in the phone book and when you get a call it uses the same small picture to make it big=pixilated...mine does the same thing.

OP
D
Reaction score
Update again folks! I have called Motorola regarding this issue again today and they have no idea how to resolve the problem and I am to send my device in for software repairs. Also so they can look over the problem and hopefully create a much simpler resolution to sending the device in. Luckily Verizon Wireless decided to be a good sport about this and let me use my previous DROID that I have yet to send back as my temporary replacement until Motorola who was nice enough to hook me up with a free shipping label can get me back my phone bug free!

OP
D
Reaction score
Also I see a lot of posts regarding how you fail to see how this is a hardware issue. Again I cannot stress the fact that I am just relaying what an apparently ignorant Motorola Customer Support rep told me. It is more likely then not a software issue, we'll find out when I get my DROID back from Motorola. Also to further elaborate on my problem with the poor contact picture quality I was messing around taking pictures and adding them to my contact information (note: camera settings are on 5mp and super fine picture quality) when finished cropping the picture (which I was just informed had multi-touch? Neat) to it's full size then I hit save I noticed for a brief second it displays the saved contact image and for the brief second I can see it's just as badly pixelated as all of my others.