Poor Contact Picture Quality = Defect

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a Motorola Rep and am now having to send my Droid in for repairs. Do you have this problem? Give Motorola a call, whine and complain a lot and you'll get a free label for shipping sent to your e-mail like me ;)

brochaos

Reaction score
um, i don't get the point, you will be without your phone and when it comes back it will be the exact same.

Sodner

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a Motorola Rep and am now having to send my Droid in for repairs.

Whats a description of the problem?

I mean my pictures are all clear and of good quality. Only thing I noticed is when scrolling through my contacts, sometimes it takes a second for the pictures to show up.

OP
D
Reaction score
Update: It turns out since it's a manufacturers defect that Verizon Wireless is shipping me a new device overnight free of charge. Also to brochaos, Myself and quite a few people are experiencing issues where our pictures synced from our facebook contacts and not every device has this issue. So it's a defect that occurs on so many devices it just makes the pictures pixely and disfigured. None the less I'm getting a new device. So if you are having this issue contact Verizon explain what's going wrong and they will solve your problem.

brochaos

Reaction score
my facebook synced contact pictures are the same way. and there is no way that this is a hardware failure. i don't see how you think hardware could possibly cause something like that. please do post up what happens.

Update: It turns out since it's a manufacturers defect that Verizon Wireless is shipping me a new device overnight free of charge. Also to brochaos, Myself and quite a few people are experiencing issues where our pictures synced from our facebook contacts and not every device has this issue. So it's a defect that occurs on so many devices it just makes the pictures pixely and disfigured. None the less I'm getting a new device. So if you are having this issue contact Verizon explain what's going wrong and they will solve your problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
Post Removed

It's not ruining my experience so keep your rude remarks to yourself. I simply called up Motorola Customer Support asking when the issue of Facebook synced and self applied contact pictures would be resolved. The customer service rep has a Droid and said that this wasn't an issue on his phone or any of his other co workers Droids. He himself told me it was a defect. I then proceeded to call Verizon and am now being shipped a new device. I love my Droid, and everything it does it's the best device I have ever owned and yes a minor issue as it is I wanted to get to the bottom of the issue I've seen several complaints on other boards so I took the liberty of getting in touch with Motorola about it, so should this make me a bad guy? Get off of your self righteous pedestal halfam. I came here with advice to a complained about minor bug being experienced on some devices. I was told "Manufacturers Defect" by Motorola hardware or not that's the answer I received.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D
Reaction score
Just relaying the information I was told, like I said in the prior post. The Motorola rep and his other co-workers with Droids do not experience this bug. My device will be here tomorrow sometime before 7 so I'll then post another update.

my facebook synced contact pictures are the same way. and there is no way that this is a hardware failure. i don't see how you think hardware could possibly cause something like that. please do post up what happens.

neemo6

Reaction score
Ive had that exact same issue since i got the phone but figured it was a normal thing. Ive read that this issue is normal.

brochaos

Reaction score
again, how would hardware cause this? there is no dedicated "facebook photo downloader scaler" chip that could go bad and cause this. if there are phones that are ok and others that are bad, then something is wonky in the software. did you ever try clearing all data and totally resetting the phone and syncing the accounts up again?

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes I restored to factory default settings, same issue. It doesn't just do it with Facebook synced photos it does it with the pictures I've taken set at 5mp but I received my new device today and am still suffering the same issue. It's a minor issue so I'm just not going to worry about it since everything else about the phone works fantastically.

again, how would hardware cause this? there is no dedicated "facebook photo downloader scaler" chip that could go bad and cause this. if there are phones that are ok and others that are bad, then something is wonky in the software. did you ever try clearing all data and totally resetting the phone and syncing the accounts up again?

gentlefury

Reaction score
Yes it is completely impossible that this is a hardware defect. The pictures on your screen are all caused by the software.

You know videos aren't real people right?

trevorparsons

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really get this. I'm on my third Droid unit (first was just a straight lemon, second gathered dust under the screen) and all three of them seem to show all contact pics at low-res (specifically when they are calling me and the "incoming call" screen with their pic pops up).

This has always bugged me, but since I've seen it on all three units, I assumed it was normal. My friend also has a Droid, so I suppose I'll compare with him next time I see him.

brochaos

Reaction score
Yes I restored to factory default settings, same issue. It doesn't just do it with Facebook synced photos it does it with the pictures I've taken set at 5mp but I received my new device today and am still suffering the same issue. It's a minor issue so I'm just not going to worry about it since everything else about the phone works fantastically.

can i say i told ya so? :wink:

Big Cam

Reaction score
My facebook images are synced and they come up a bit pixelated.

But I don't care, to me it's not worth being without the phone for a few days and then ahving to adjust everything on the new phone to get it how my current phone is.

I'm sure it willget fixed in a software update eventually, there is no way this is a hardware issue.