Poor call quality on Droid 4

Buckaroo

Reaction score
I waited for the Droid 4 on VZ to get the qwerty keyboard...The interface is fine but the call quality is horrible. Poor Clarity, Spongy, muffled. Headset makes it a bit better but then I get lower amplitude. Headset works fine on BB 8800 and Nokia 6230 on AT&T. Anyone else having this problem on Droid 4?

sanlynn36

Reaction score
Also worried about call quality - and call receipt

I am also concerned about the call quality as it has been very uneven; sometimes pretty good (similar to my old Blackberry), other times very indistinct.
I find it ironic that I was dissuaded from buying the Google Nexus because Verizon personnel commented on its poor call quality and here I'm dealing with that issue anyway.

Another, more serious problem is that I am also NOT getting ALL my calls. At first I thought it was me or the settings on the phone, but today the phone was sitting right next to me and a call did not come through - no notification - no ring - no "missed call." I was called on my house phone a few seconds later which is the only way I know the Droid 4 missed the call. Others have told me they tried to reach me too and I got no notice.

This may lead to my returning the phone. After all, it has to act as a phone first, then all the other stuff is nice.

sanlynn36