Poor Battery Life

jphudy

Reaction score
So, I have the Moto Droid, and my wife has the HTC Eris. She can't seem to get the battery to last from 8am to even 6pm, even when she makes no calls all day.

Any advice on how to increase battery life on this thing?

droidgman

Reaction score
Tell her to hold the red end button till the menu comes up and turn the network off. She will still be able to talk on the phone and send texts and use some apps. Then when she wants to use the browser all she was to do is turn the network back on. Once I started doing this my battery lasts about two to three days.

cheesecake

Reaction score
This works awesome. Mine has been on all day with a few net uses and im still at 75 percent instead of 10

fentos

Reaction score
The Advanced Task Killer App helped me a lot.

mbperales

Reaction score
SetCPU

If you have a rooted phone, then I would install SetCPU... it has helped me alot... I put my phone to charge before bed and took it off charge at 7:30am.... its 11:00p right now and still have 50%... otherwise without a rooted phone, I would just add the widget on my desktop so that I can easily switch on and off the data.. I used to do that all the time before I rooted my phone... works too...

dave4100

Reaction score
I rooted my phone and put BB .9 through rom manager and my battery lasts quite a bit longer. The wife and I went on a long hike yesterday through a national forest for almost 5 hours with Gps turned on and tracking the whole route. I use My Tracks for mapping my routes. At the end of the hike, there was still more than 50% of the battery left. The GPS was constantly on while we were hiking. I was pleasantly surprised. I will still buy the slim line extended life battery from seidio when it is available. That should really increase the up time of the phone. I'm really liking the ESE53 2.1 update.

emscapt47

Reaction score
How about things for unrooted phones as iam sure he has not rooted his wifes phones. I just got my eris yesterday and so fare i HATE it....I really miss my MOTO....

snyluc13

Reaction score
The Advanced Task Killer App helped me a lot.
i've actually stopped using a task killer and my eris is snappier and the battery last longer too, just turn of the mobile network when your not using it and you'll be fine. I work at a desk during the day so i just plug it into the computer if im doing something that will suck the battery up like listening to last fm or watching videos.

Also backing out of apps is a lot better than just hitting the home button for the most part.

OhioSpyderman

Reaction score
Make sure you take you battery almost ALL the way down every once in a while....

Bob.