Poor Battery Life

wrenglejr

Reaction score
I just rooted and flashed GummyJar the other day. I have rest battery stats in CW. I am getting very poor battery life. For instance I just went from 100 to 94% in 27 minutes with really no usage. The screen is off.

I am running SetCPU since I was have bootloop issues when changing voltage settings in Gummy Settings. In there when I reduced down to 800 or so, my phone shut off and rebooted into a loop.

So with SetCPU, I have UV to 920 max and 350 min and scaling with InteractiveX. I did not change the voltage settings (still at defaults).

What else can I do? Do I need to flash a different kernel?

BTW, my battery life when unrooted was much better.

I have read you can 'calibrate' the battery by running empty and charging full a few times. I have not tried this yet.

Thoughts?

Bill

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I noticed that on some occaisions, mine tends to drain quickly from 100%-90% as well. After that though it slows down quite a bit though. I wouldn't judge the battery life on 6% though considering (as I understand it) Android can only really estimate where the battery is but it is only accurate in 10% intervals. I have quite a few times noticed my battery % going UP when left idle sometimes. So I believe it is an issue of estimating the % between multiples of 10%.

I think I read that in a thread over on XDA so I'd search there for more information.

OP
W

wrenglejr

Reaction score
Thanks!

I did just install Battery Calibrator and that has seemed to really make an improvement.

Does anyone out there recommend a better kernel to use with Gummy? I imagine the provided must be a good match but curious if anyone has had any success with any others.

OP
W

wrenglejr

Reaction score
Thanks Aq....

I flashed the 1.10 kernel and its better than the 1.09!

Thanks again!

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Glad, I could help you =D

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

craigschroeder

Reaction score
Sitting in the reading room with not much running except browser and wifi I watched the battery go from 84 to 81 in about 10 minutes. Definately shorter battery life on v7.6. Just went to 80 as I was typing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mdroid28

Reaction score
I've had much better battery life with 7.6 using the 1.10 kernel undervolted. Yesterday was the best I've ever had, slow day at work=heavy usage and I made it 13 hours with 30% left.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
My battery life, is really good.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

wooddale

Reaction score
As much as I like kejar and the boys and gummy Im gonna have to try something different battery life iz terrible like someone saix it even uses battery when its just sitting there unless there is a fix comming up

EL Lacost

Reaction score
My battery is also going by fast I calibrated it and still 25 min and I'm on 83 already

Sent from my GneX Unlocked,Rooted,on Gummynex Rom

wooddale

Reaction score
My battery is also going by fast I calibrated it and still 25 min and I'm on 83 already

Since that post I have tried other Roms they are all the same must be the nature of the Beast (Galaxy Nexus). I got 2 cheap China batterys and a charger for a few bucks but I also purchased the extended battery from Verizon for $25. Not so much for the battery but more for the newe back also I herd more than one person say it makes the phone feel better in hand. I like a little heavier phone my self you gotta admit the Nex feels a bit light. As far as for calibrating the battery I read an article and it said it does no good never seemed to do any good for me. Gummy is still the best out there for me

EL Lacost

Reaction score
It seems to be getting better now finally I let it charge a lil more after it gets to 100 like another 30 min

wooddale

Reaction score
It seems to be getting better now finally I let it charge a lil more after it gets to 100 like another 30 min

I almost always charge after 100% I leave it on all night. I did read that the battery percents arent always accurate so it makes sense