Poor battery life while making calls

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jabster, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jabster

jabster New Member

Hi.

I just rooted my Motorola Droid and have been running BB1.1 with the 7x1100LV kernel for about 3 days or so.

When not using the phone as a....well, phone...battery life has been great. I can go most of the day with substantial use and still be 60%+. However, if at 60%, after taking a short phone call, I am suddenly down to 40%. A second call puts me at 20%.

I can continue to browse, download, email, etc, and remain at 20%. Another phone call may kill the battery tho.

Any ideas? Any settings I can change? Different kernel?

I do have setcpu installed, but have not had a chance to dig deeply into it yet.

thanks,
    john
  2. bross2

bross2 New Member

I have a similar problem... currently running Bugless Beast version .3. Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1 and baseband version C_01.3E.03P. I'm going to try changing the kernel version and see how that works... I'll let you know if it works.
  3. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

I have been using BB v.04 since yesterday. The battery life was good for me too except about 30 minutes of phone calls which drained half of my battery.

Baseband C_01.43.01P

Kernal 2.6.32.9-g103d848 (came with the Rom)
  4. Renapd

Renapd New Member

Phone calls destroy my battery life as well. Pfft..being able to use a cell phone to actually make phone calls..insanity.

Browsing/pandora barely make a dent in it.
  5. bross2

bross2 New Member

Changing the kernel definitely worked. My battery is much better than with the original Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1. I changed it to a Chevy Kernel. Index of /froyo/4.2/kernels It's charged to 100% and working fine.
  6. robs1011

robs1011 New Member

Which Chevy Kernel did you change to? I have never changed kernels but if it gives me better battery life i'm willing to try it.
  7. Wadzii

Wadzii New Member

I think my phone is just a piece of crap.. I have tried several roms, several kernels, all the basebands, and with minimal usage my battery still craps out after about 11hrs.

Sitting at my desk with nothing running at all the battery went from 30% to dead in 3 hours.

Currnetly i'm running BB v.04 with chevy's ulv 1.25ghz kernel and 1.41.00r base band

Any ideas?
  8. robs1011

robs1011 New Member

I'm convinced that nobody gets great battery life on these phones. Any time I ask in these forums nobody really responds with good info. I personally think my signal is weak and causes it to drain but i've tried all the basebands and the signal doesn't get better. Kind of sucks but i guess it's something i have to live with.
  9. Wadzii

Wadzii New Member

my original droid got around 25-27 hours pretty much no matter what. This refurb sucks