Poor Battery Life or Dying Battery?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Skurvy_Pirate, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using BB 0.4 for about 3 weeks or maybe a little more. It seems like since I have started using it my battery life has been a lot worse actually. I know that most people are getting much better battery life, so I think this is weird.

A couple observations:
    1) At the same time I started using JuiceDefender because I had just learned of it and wanted to get some more battery life
    2) I started playing more games (screen on more = battery dying much faster, even with JuiceDefender)
    3) I bought my Droid in November the day it came out.
    4) I have been using a car charger and streaming music/podcasts while driving, even more so lately.

So my question is, is something in BB killing my battery life? Or is my battery at the end of it's lifespan? I have been checking battery usage a lot more lately and the screen is still #1, and then other things such as UniWar. But the interesting thing is that they aren't being used much at all.

For example, today I am at 20% battery after 7h 40m of being unplugged.
    Uniwar 21% and 20m of CPU time
    Display 20% with 1h 15m on time (display on 20% brightness)
    Voice Calls 17% with 15m talk time
    Then Sytem, Idle, Media server, etc for the rest.

This seems very low to me, even with the hour of screen on time. I used to be at maybe 60% after such usage, maybe even higher.

The other thing that I am considering is that my battery capacity has been diminished from using it a lot in the car and charging it more than once in a day.

Any thoughts on this?

2. WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not running BB (been playing w/ saphire, UD, and CM6), but I have a release-day battery on my Droid and noticed the same thing. It has a really fast draw-down, and it also recharges super fast on the wall-charger. I'm talking under an hour to go from <15% to "charged". I don't know what the life-span is for these batteries, but you gotta figure we've been draining/recharging daily for almost 9 months now.

Anyway - I just bought a new battery. Turns out replacements are SUPER cheap!! under 10 bucks shipped :) It won't be delivered until next week, but i'll try to remember to post back here with results!

3. bdr0023

bdr0023 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had been running mine @ 1.2 with profiles and everything, my battery life was around 10 hrs a day with about 8hrs of music, avg phone calls and texts, decent amount of web/data. The last couple days I been keeping it maxed@550 not noticing too much lag or slowness and I'm getting about 18 hrs a day now

4. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Depending on how much it helps you out, I may do the same. Where did you find it for $10 bucks?

It seems like it's probably the battery since so many people are getting great battery life. It just seems like it degraded very quickly if that is what it is. Quickly as in 8 months of use, and as in it went from being not noticeable, to me noticing horrible battery life very quickly.

5. WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buy.com

$5.15 + $3.99 shipping

6. dparm

dparm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try to run the battery all the way down until the phone dies, then charge it all the way up. This is known as battery conditioning.

Otherwise, time to replace it.

7. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of an app that tells you your battery capacity? I know in the Spare Parts app you can check the voltage of it, but I couldn't find capacity. Laptops do this so you can tell how much capacity you are getting compared to it's manufactured capacity and see if it is time to replace the battery. A similar thing for Android would be nice.

8. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    The only way i get over 5 hours of use... is if i put it on the desk as a paper weight.... i've tried different kernels.. different roms... profiles on setcpu..... nothing has worked so far... screen takes up the most batt usage by far

Search tags for this page

droid x2 poor battery life