Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fascinate

• Droid Bionic

• Total voters

poooookah78

Reaction score
I know I know, I ended the sentence with a preposition.. :) What will you all be upgrading from?

ryno2d

Reaction score
OG Droid here - every day get's tougher and tougher to deal with it. I was in love with this phone but I kept holding off for what I felt was going to be a good enough phone...and it is finally upon us!

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
OG Droid here - every day get's tougher and tougher to deal with it. I was in love with this phone but I kept holding off for what I felt was going to be a good enough phone...and it is finally upon us!

Same here, OG which I'm sure is going to be the latter.

Hey ryno2d, have you tried SBF'n with Pete's FRG22D and rerooting? I did it a couple days ago and for the first time ever am able to run a 1.25ghz lv kernel(CheveyNo1's) without any issues, my past attempts were always unsuccessful. Also OG is running flawlessly, haven't had any bootloops, random reboots or lag of any sort. It's like my OG has new life to it and it runs so much better at 1.25ghz than at 1.1ghz. I did get Pete's 1.3ghz lv kernel to boot too but it was super laggy and unresponsive. I test for Liquid's LGB so I did A LOT of flashing within the last year and I think after a while the phone gets crammed with unwiped data due to recovery not completely wiping everything like SBF'n would. You should give this a go because it's solved every issue I was having that wasn't ROM related. That goes for other people whose OGs are using a walker to limp through the day.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
I'm pretty impressed the vast majority still are OG owners, goes to show what an amazing device it is and that imo, most of us view the Nexus as a contract worthy phone of lasting 2 years..:woot:

S

SFGate

Maybe you should add "other" for all those who have "others", (and are too embarrassed to say which "other").

chewy74

Reaction score
Did this yesterday and wow what a difference!

Hey ryno2d, have you tried SBF'n with Pete's FRG22D and rerooting? I did it a couple days ago and for the first time ever am able to run a 1.25ghz lv kernel(CheveyNo1's) without any issues, my past attempts were always unsuccessful. Also OG is running flawlessly, haven't had any bootloops, random reboots or lag of any sort. It's like my OG has new life to it and it runs so much better at 1.25ghz than at 1.1ghz. I did get Pete's 1.3ghz lv kernel to boot too but it was super laggy and unresponsive. I test for Liquid's LGB so I did A LOT of flashing within the last year and I think after a while the phone gets crammed with unwiped data due to recovery not completely wiping everything like SBF'n would. You should give this a go because it's solved every issue I was having that wasn't ROM related. That goes for other people whose OGs are using a walker to limp through the day.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Do you have a link to the steps you followed?

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed the vast majority still are OG owners, goes to show what an amazing device it is and that imo, most of us view the Nexus as a contract worthy phone of lasting 2 years..:woot:

I agree 100%!!