1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Poll: What's your favorite ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by cystic, Feb 5, 2010.

?

Which ROM do you use?

1. Sholesmod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bugless Beast

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bugless Beauty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smoked glass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alldroid Community ROM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cystic

cystic New Member

Please let us know so new people can get a feel of what they should install.
    Feel free to discuss/debate the different roms here, however please take help and support questions somewhere else.

If you ask for help in here about your phone/rom expect to be flamed and ridiculed about your lack of trading skills!
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

when i rooted i tried sholes first and wasn't overly impressed with how it looked. i didn't really play around with it much though. never really gave it a chance. 10 minutes later i had BB running and have been very happy with it.
  3. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Definitely Bugless Beast.
  4. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

hmmmm someone want to link to buggless beast i have not seen that one yet
  5. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

never mind ignore the idoit that didnt look at the roms link topic

turns out i installed beast when i thought i was installing beauty lol anyone know what the main differnce is?
  6. jasonb

jasonb New Member

beast is overclock, beauty is the same rom without overclock.... i think.
  7. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

ah then i used beauty then overclocked it my self jumping between smoked and bb trying to decide what i like better but they seem the same for the most part other then the 2.1 drawer option in smoked
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Sholesmod, because that's the only one I have installed and I don't want to fool with it anymore. lol :)
  9. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Need to include the new *****in bagel from sholes.. That I would vote for number 1 right now... I have spent the last couple months trying out all the ROMs. They all have their perks and downfalls. I like smoke glass, but BB is a great ROM too... I got a friend that knows nothing about hacking and root.. Yesterday and today sholes released the updater with *****in bagel.. This is a program of pure genius.. It is noob friendly too.. Me I love the manual hacks and customization, but there are so many out there that just can't figure it out. You get the updater. This thing will root your phone, updgrade the ROM, let you pick exactly what you want to have installed with the ROM, get rid of stuff you may not use, well technically rename and hide them, but it lets you cutomize everything from adding 2.1 apk things to overclock to tether and so on.. It creates your nandroid backups, flash the phone, and even incorporates the smoke glass for those that like that. All at the touch of a button.... AND for those that are worried that whenever the fabled 2.1 is coming out that they want to have a stock phone and get the OTA, this updater has an option to flash your phone to complete stock and remove root so its like you never did anything to your phone.. For experts and people that don't understand the greateness of the rooted world and want to learn this buds for you... :icon_ banana:

They went live with it free today, but PLEASE i paid yesterday to get this thing and it is worth all the money in the world.. Heck really smoke glass, BB, sholes it doesn't matter.. donate to these guys.. they are the reason we have cool stuff for our phones and they work hard.. not saying you have to give up your house, but at least throw them a few bucks...
  10. cystic

cystic New Member

*****in beagle is just a code name for sholesmod, next version of sholes mod will have different code name.
  11. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

I stand correted, however the point was more or less about the updater that they use.. It is incredibly user friendly and for less expierenced people looking into ROMS it is definitly IMO the easiest way. Even though BB does have an easy route as well I felt sholes was the noob friendliest around..
  12. cystic

cystic New Member

I just downloaded and installed to try it out and I would have to say that I agree with you
    its very easy.
  13. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I just wanted to Overclock and add some features... I didn't want to change the look from 2.0.1 as I find the 2.1 Launcher buggy no matter what ROM or .apk I've used. Plus I'm a fan of the 'plain' Android OS. So Sholes for me..
  14. masters

masters New Member

Using 2.1 the. .41 I believe.. I have been using it for some time, I was going to wait for the real Droid 2.1 but may use the shoels update for the overclock.
  15. cystic

cystic New Member

I would def. switch to something other than 2.1 its way too buggy.
  16. BostonBill

BostonBill New Member

Sholesmod. They sucked me in. Now I'm trying to figure out what it was they helped me to do. :)
  17. aldeghij

aldeghij New Member

Went w/ Sholes Mod. Running at 800 mhz, and it works great! The 2.1 Launcher sucks though. Using Home++, no problems.
  18. crspang

crspang New Member

Bugless 7.4 here! My only complaint is the milestone browser's slow page rendering. Solved that with dolphin though.

I don't think I'll have much use for the 2.1 update when and if it ever comes out. The only thing I'm pining for now is flash support.
  19. korp

korp New Member

I tried sholes first as well. I like the 2.1 launcher, the 5 screens and the milestone browser on it .... but I got a few FC's so I looked around for the other roms.

I really like the look and use of Smoked Glass when it works ... but I got way to many FC's within 1 hour of using and quickly reverted back to Bugless Beast.

Bugless Beast is so far the best I've seen out there ... I wish I had the launcher of Smoked Glass though.
  20. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

B*tching Baegel 2.0.2 Smoked Glass Themed everything staying at 800mhz.

I've had ZERO issues with 2.0.2 - Not 1