Poll: What would you change in the official release of ICS for the Bionic?

What would you change in the official release of ICS for the Bionic?

• An easier way to take screen shots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Customizable voices for Voice Navigation

• Customizable home screen without buying WidgetLocker

• Write in - Post a comment on the thread if there's something else you'd like to see.

• Total voters

kdwisdom

Reaction score
In my few days of using Ice Cream Sandwich, I really do love it. Its a significant improvement in many ways. The most notable, in my opinion, is the greatly increased stability of the 4G signal. I haven't had it drop since moving to ICS. That's worth it alone. If it were the only upgrade, I'd be happy, but there's a lot of great additions.

I like the stock ability to take screen shots. I like the UI, I like the rules (ie night time sleep rule where it goes silent and you can customize certain people to ring through when they call).

I haven't used navigation since I upgraded so I can't comment on that as of yet.

However, I wanted to take a poll to see what things you would change or add in the official release.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are many things I would change, or change back to GB.

Lets get this started with the terribly dim status bar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CPKIII

Reaction score
BATTERY LIFE back to how good it was on 902. 905 wasn't bad. But I am about to FXZ back to 902 for the battery life.

EDIT: And the poll is flawed. 4 different votes and each has 50% of the votes.. Ummmm....

jimbarr

Reaction score
I am very pleased with ICS, however there are a couple features I'd add:
  1. In "Settings", in the "Wireless & Networks" section, add a Mobile Data toggle like it has for WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Yes, it's available in the mobile Data Usage page, but why not just keep all toggles together?
  2. Brighten the status bar.
  3. Allow me to increase the number of columns and rows on the home screen from 4x4 to 5x5 per screen.
  4. Allow me to rename icon labels on the home screen.
Some of this functionality can be had with alternate launcher and widgets, but why not just build it in from the start?

Oh, and "Smart Actions" rocks! How about adding some additional triggers and actions to make it even more complete?

OP
K

kdwisdom

Reaction score
CPKIII said:
BATTERY LIFE back to how good it was on 902. 905 wasn't bad. But I am about to FXZ back to 902 for the battery life.

EDIT: And the poll is flawed. 4 different votes and each has 50% of the votes.. Ummmm....

Actually, its not flawed. Its a poll where you can choose more than answer. So its based in how many votes total. Half of the people could vote for everything.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get everybody to 1.2 Ghz and make blur and lapdock play nice. That's it. The rest of it is amazing.

The only problem is, not ALL OMAP4430's can reliably run at 1.2GHz. So to force this issue would cause people to have unstable devices in some cases.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I totally agree but mine was stable at 1.266 on GB and other ppl CLAIM stability in the 1.4s, I would probably clock mine back to 1.0 anyway for the battery life. At any rate, with # easily accessible anyone with issues could root and underclock (or they could give us multiple clock profiles to choose from, unrooted....right)

welsalex

Reaction score

My351

Reaction score
I was on the first leak, and went back to .902 because of battery drain and the UI issues with the lapdock. Went to the the .2233 leak yesterday, and battery seems about the same as .902 for me now. Still don't like having to run another launcher for the lapdock though, as I use mine quite a bit. But really, it's webtop 3 I'm not impressed with. I was excited about it until I used it. So I would be in the crowd that would like to see version 2 ported over instead. I liked the real computer feel of it, but would like the extra options in 2 that weren't in 1.3. Have palyed with it a little with the wife's DROID 4, and think that's the best so far.