Poll: Random Reboots?

Reaction score
I was having random reboots atleast once everyday,till the update on Thursday then it rebooted three or four times a day.did a factory reset yesterday and haven't had one since.I am stock by the way.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Really Really pissed about this.....stock, never had a single problem or reboot now after the update, My phone will randomly turn itself OFF...not reboot OFF.

So agitated by this as far as I'm concerned they ruined my phone...if I can't rely on it to remain turned on its broken.

You should probably try a factory reset. I know its a PITA, but it seems to fix quite a bit with these phones.

dsciara

Reaction score
Running Stock, After the update My thunderbolt is restarting frequently while it is plugged in. Have not noticed it occur when it is not plugged in.

Did not experience this prior to the update. Updated Last Thursday.

BigD

Ditto +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tc3

Reaction score
Then what, redownload the update?
Still seething about this...I didn't root my phone on purpose because I was worried about making my phone unstabe. What a joke. I wish I would have waited on the bionic or iPhone 5.

yniloc

Reaction score
My TB has been stable since launch day. Loaded the update and it has rebooted 10 times or more in two days.

Called VZW last night and they claimed that they knew nothing of the issue and transfered me to HTC. They seemed quite aware and wanted me to do a factory wipe. I declined as all he could tell me was that a wipe would sometimes fix it.

Can I root and go back from here?

That's what pisses me off more...that Verizon doesn't acknowledge their mistakes even if everyone is calling them. They don't even acknowledge that the battery is unacceptable. Sure it's a powerful phone, but we shouldn't have to turn off a buttload of features just to last over eight hours...this phone could've been great, but I guess now I'm stuck with it for another two years. And seriously a wipe after every update? Not even Windows requires you to do that...

Kid A

Reaction score
In the month I had my Bolt before the update, I had only one reboot. In the last three days since I've had the update, my phone has rebooted twice.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those having random reboots should try a factory reset. Doing a factory reset will not require to reinstall the update. If you still have random reboots record what you were doing and the time. Then call vzw and ask to speak to a tech rep to explain the issue, make sure they know it's not a phone issue so they don't try to send you a cnlr, but a software issue from the ota.

sent from droidforums app

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would recommend waiting til Monday before calling vzw so you have a weekend of reboot logs to report.

sent from droidforums app

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am running the leak and have never had any random reboots.

bjof45

Reaction score
Random reboot and I'm stock not rooted

tc3

Reaction score
I was warned not to buy HTC products before I bought this phone. I should have listened. Going to be a lot of pissed off customers

bjof45

Reaction score
My phone has been awesome til these random reboots

gary73

Reaction score
I really don't think its the phone its the new network with bugs. If I wasn't rooted running a rom with no reboots,lucky I know. Stock and reboots I would be mad too

xmguy

Reaction score
My droid x reboots all the time. It's due to a glitch in a app called keyboard manager .

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.