Poll: How many have blown a MicroSD Card in their Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nateccnn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I got to wondering as I was coming home from Office Depot with my new 89 dollar MicroSD Card. This is the third card for my Droid. I have not even owned this phone for a year and I am on my third card. At 89 bucks a pop it's getting expoensive. I know I can get them cheaper, but I like convenience so this post is not about the cost, but about the reliability of the cards.

So...why do I go through so many cards? I never had a problem until I rooted and over clocked. Ok...I rooted and over clocked the first week...so that has no relationship, right? LOL

But just a show of hands: Did you blow an SD Card? and Did you Over Clock your phone?
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

What really got me to thinking about this is the last card I replaced...today...when I pulled it out of the card reader it was so brittle it cracked in three places. Heat?

Nate
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Mine just stopped working and wouldnt format. They will replace for free but its a PITA to do it.
  4. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Blown a MicroSD Card?

That's just wrong [​IMG]
  5. belome

belome New Member

I know this isn't driod related, but I had two quit on me in my Env2. I think they are just so small they are fragile.
  6. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

when i get about 7 gigs on mine, it tells me to format my sd card,,damaged sd card..might have to format, whick i have to....probably every month or 6 weeks this happens...
  7. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

never blown a micro SD card in my life... when i had droid 1 OC to 1200.. Same sd card in my X that was in it.. Got a brand new one for a backup though :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  8. JaCelica2k

JaCelica2k New Member

Bad SD card is bad SD card. OCing should have nothing to do with it. If the temp was really getting hot enough to make that big of a difference it would shut off the phone as the battery has a pretty low thermal limit.
  9. droider4life

droider4life New Member

I cant say i ever had any problems with my D1 sd card. I ran it at 1200 oc for about ten months. I recently upgraded to an X and no problems yet...
  10. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Well...I guess I was on the wrong path then. Good to know. I'll keep it OCed then.

Gopt to thinking while I was sitting in the Dentist's waiting room. This poll won't tell us anything if responses come in for OCed and bad sd, mixewd with not OCed and bad sd cuz the way I built it. Right now it is showing that my theory was bad...cuz I'm the only vote for a bad SD card.

May as well shut 'er down, mods.

Nate
  11. RETG

RETG Member

No droid yet, but never had a damaged micro sd card in either of my Tours (one is well over a year old), or in any of my GPS devices. And my GPS devices take a beating....
  12. techguru

techguru Member

I voted never blown because it was recoverable, but I have corrupted data by removing it without unmounting.

Alan
  13. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

my sdcard kept getting corrupted and eventually wouldnt format and finally just stopped working completely
  14. Relex

Relex New Member

I've never had any problems with a sd card in any device I've ever had.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  15. sdianetodd

sdianetodd New Member

Mine blew after the Verizon sales person took it out of my Droid Eris and put it in my new Droid Incredible. Now it says it is corrupt in both devices and on the pc. I was trying to salvage the pictures. I read that you can reformat it in the phone under settings but I didn't know that until now. Don't have it with me so will try it later. Still a good poll, I think.
  16. nfj79

nfj79 New Member

My SD card in my DX died today. My DX tells me its blank or has an unsupported filling system on it. I tried reformatting from the DX and nothing. Tried it in the SD slot on my PC and nothing. This sucks!
  17. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

ive had my droid since the day it came out in november 2009 and the original SD is still working like a champ and i have been overclocked at 1250mhz since the droid was 1st rooted.