[Poll] Facial Recognition

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not me, there are to many impostors out there...

egbree.gif

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure, why not. If it sucks, I won't use it. If it works, I'll use it; simple as that.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I'm going to use it too if it works well. I mean why not? No other phone has this feature which is a good enough reason for me to use it. Plus it makes me feel like a secret agent with awesome gadgets.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Forget it not a chance it will get used, heck I'll more then likely cover the front facing camera anyways so it can't be used. Besides I can't stand the stupid lockscreen slider let alone having to put the phone towards my face just to use it.

empoweredh22

Reaction score
My concern with using it is that it will be a major battery killer. Firing up the camera every time the phone is activated, maybe even if its in m pocket if a button is pushed. That seems like a terrible idea on a phone thats probably already going to barely get through a day especially with LTE turned on.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i wont use it in every day life since my phones are never out of my sight.

but when i travel i will probably use it. not a fan of pin lock so if it works, i would use it on occasion.

googlelover

Reaction score
My concern with using it is that it will be a major battery killer. Firing up the camera every time the phone is activated, maybe even if its in m pocket if a button is pushed. That seems like a terrible idea on a phone thats probably already going to barely get through a day especially with LTE turned on.
So... Your going to push a button on a phone that has only 3 on one side? (not sure if theres a camera button) And I'm sure they would have a screen before the facial recognition, but anyways, does using the camera for potentially 5 seconds even use much battery if any?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just hope my no lock screen widget works with ICS. I like to disable the whole works.

shizumie

Reaction score
I wobder will it have other uses? I dont like the idea of using it to unlock screan, but maybee to secure a folder or 2........

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont like the idea of using it to unlock screen, but maybe to secure a folder or 2
That's a better use IMO, maybe someday a retina scanner but hey - they got to start somewhere

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

But there are no physical buttons to push unless they set the volume buttons to power on the phone.