Poll: Droid X, Fascinate, or Incredible?

OP
Z

zuperjamez

Reaction score
I think that is pretty definitive. Droid X it is.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Go with the Incredible - It's easier to root, it's got a great screen (if you can lay hands on an AMOLED model) and it handles the extended batteries better.

My two cents worth...

-Mike

homeboy123

Reaction score
I don't have either but after reviewing all of the specs on all 3 models (because I ask myself this same question) and listening to everyone else, I'd choose a DX if I were you. I'd be getting one for myself but my only thing is I'm tryna wait till Jan or Feb to see what else rears it's Android head that might possibly work on LTE!

77Pat

Reaction score
I would go to the store and get some hands on experience with them and research the most you can.

For myself I chose the Droid X.

In the store the Incredible screen seemed too small compared to the Droid X and Fascinate, since I knew I would be going online a lot while commuting on the train.

I preferred the size of the Fascinate and the screen was really nice, but I was concerned about Samsung support for the product (how many times have they said Froyo will be 'coming soon'). Plus I have read poor support for their other products (bluray players, cameras, washer/dryers).

I thought the Droid X would be too large, but decided to get it since it had the least compromises to me. The build quality seems great and I get good reception/call quality. If it was not such an expensive purchase I would be confident that it would be strong enough even without a case. Now that I have been using the phone the size is not an issue. I am using Launcher Pro and have not had any phones so far.

I bought into a family plan and my other family member bought an Incredible and a Droid 2, so I have been able to use all three and I still like mine the best.

I will not vote in the poll since I have not had enough time with each device to make an unbiased decision.

burbsofny

Reaction score
I don't think there will be any VZW LTE handsets on the market by Jan or Feb, since the LTE launch is occurring this month in some markets and air card type devices will be the only things offered initially. As for other carriers, Metro PCS has one Samsung model currently available for those in markets where LTE is on but it is far from impressive. It has no compelling features to make LTE even worthwhile. I have had the Droid X for a month and a half and really love it. I had the original Droid which is what influenced me to get one of its successors.

I don't have either but after reviewing all of the specs on all 3 models (because I ask myself this same question) and listening to everyone else, I'd choose a DX if I were you. I'd be getting one for myself but my only thing is I'm tryna wait till Jan or Feb to see what else rears it's Android head that might possibly work on LTE!

OP
Z

zuperjamez

Reaction score
I snagged the DX and the car doc today for $200 after rebate. I'm pretty excited it's a sweet phone. What are the first couple of tweaks or hacks I should do to improve it? Thanks for the help!

Big_Ron

Reaction score
I just got a droid X and the wife was going to get a droid 2 but after using mine we now have 2 DX

fascinater

Reaction score
I got my fascinate & a $100 gift card for $128 @ wally world last week. 128-100=28

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

powell730

Reaction score
I got my fascinate & a $100 gift card for $128 @ wally world last week. 128-100=28

You have to do a 2 year agreement with that deal?

fascinater

Reaction score
BTW.....wallyworld now has them for 89 online. That special was last week only.

J

Johnly

My buddy has the Inc, I owned a fascinate and droid X. Droid X was my favorite, but I am just a geek.