[Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

tmwilson02

Reaction score
Bionic if unlocked bootloader. Thunderbolt if Bionic locked down. Verizon Iphone if Thunderbolt locked down. I know, apple locks their phones down, but history has shown they provide longterm upgrades for their phones. Heck, they made phone upgrades a standard.k

That is a progression of decisions I never thought I would see, lol.:) Comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. Just an opinion though.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am in unless I hear they will make a droid 3...then I may have to hold off because I am a big fan of the slider phones.

UNC

Reaction score
Definitely going to check out the Bionic. More than likely getting a vPhone, but the Bionic seems pretty sick... wonder if Verizon will do $20 hotspot with LTE phones?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
The only thing I don't really like about the bionic is the plastic case... not very droidlike :(

Sent from my Droid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on buying ANY piece of tech until it comes out and I can see/use it in person. Only at that point can I say, one way or the other. It could sound great in theory and turn out to be total junk. IF it's all it's cracked up to be, it MAY end up being my next phone, though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if it will be locked down like their recent Droid models. Only minimal interest from me until then. Not sure if the encrypted boot loaders were part of the OMAP chips or just something that Moto saddled then with.

Hardware feature built into the OMAP chipset. But there's no reason at all to believe that upcoming mobile chipsets from other manufacturers won't be just as locked down. Even if we don't like the bootloader encryption, the carriers like the locking down of things. Then again, they are the folks taking a monetary ding when some dumbass bricks his/her phone and then tries to return it...... "Bu....Bu....Bu....But I didn't DO ANYTHING to my phone, it just broke!"

Manufacturers don't lock things down to be mean, they lock them down to protect the GENERAL public from themselves; and to protect themselves/the carriers from fraud. The average person here doesn't fit the demographic of "typical smartphone user".

I swear, they should give out "bootloader unlock codes" with the understanding that as soon as they tell you the code, your warranty is void on your device and it is so noted. However, in order to get this unlock code, they should make you take a quiz to insure you know what you are doing.

Then, we'd have the best of both worlds.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Anybody heard if the Bionic will come loaded with Swype? I might upgrade to this from my OG Droid, but I don't wanna give up my physical keyboard without Swype.

berfles

Reaction score
Not sure, I still haven't decided between the Atrix and Bionic. One of these phones will be my first Droid though.

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Not sure, I still haven't decided between the Atrix and Bionic. One of these phones will be my first Droid though.

The atrix is not part of the droid series, but the bionic is. Droids are only exclusive to vzw but they do both run android.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll be getting this.:biggrin:

Too bad my upgrade is up tomorrow but I'll have to wait till March to use it. :mad:

I'm thankful for Roms on My D1 to get me through the wait though ;)

Raydee35

Reaction score
I really want the bionic but it will really depend on the 4g service and the price. I am getting the Evo 4g through my work this week and that may keep me happy enough.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I'm on the fence, looks great has the power and abilities I want, just not sure. Release time, pricing, what it comes with etc.

Dj Quik

Reaction score
Which one is better and faster u need help Droid bionic or thunderbolt