[Poll] - Droid BIONIC - Who's getting it -

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. This is my next phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

garbageman

Reaction score
Yes I plan on getting this phone. Anyone know the release date and if the plans will be more expensive?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

serveitup911

Reaction score
I love everything about the device except the 512MB RAM. I am really disappointed that Moto didn't give it 1GB. Phones out now have 512MB RAM, & I feel that RAM will be the limiting factor in the future, especially for multitasking. I still have 10 months until my 2 years with the Droid 1 are up, so I'm sure something better will be out by then.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love everything about the device except the 512MB RAM. I am really disappointed that Moto didn't give it 1GB. Phones out now have 512MB RAM, & I feel that RAM will be the limiting factor in the future, especially for multitasking. I still have 10 months until my 2 years with the Droid 1 are up, so I'm sure something better will be out by then.

Felt the same with the 512mb. Really wanted the 1gb ram. The only thing that is preventing me is the requirement 4G lte. If it's too expensive it may not be able to be an option.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I'm not sure yet. This device is defiantly on my watch list. It all depends what's going to be available or around the corner when this device comes out. I have my upgrade in March, so I hope I don't have to wait too long. Till then, when the Motorola Xoom comes out next month, I'll be plenty occupied. :)

Sent from my Droid

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Maybe... if it releases by the 21st (I know it wont) wil I be able to use my 30 day worry free?

Lax bro, closet geek

chuckz28

Reaction score
It needs to hurry up and get here already. I'm ready to buy now so the multiple month wait is going to drive me nuts.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Curious to see if it will be locked down like their recent Droid models. Only minimal interest from me until then. Not sure if the encrypted boot loaders were part of the OMAP chips or just something that Moto saddled then with.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

brock

Reaction score
i don't know. i mean my droid1 has what, 256mb of ram and it isn't THAT slow. I really don't think its going to be THAT noticeable.

jbdow

Reaction score
No bionic for me, i'm just not seeing anything that makes it so much better than
my recently purchased d2g. Matter of fact, i'm betting that i won't find any
distractions for close to the next year- unless these business models change
drastically and the tech leaps forward...

r, john

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I like the Bionix, but look at the Attrix for AT&T. I'm guessing they had all of the accessories ready for that phone because it will release first. I have a sneaky feeling that VZW is going to take the stance that AT&T had previously and that is because of the pending release of a vzw iPhone they are going to release less than stellar Android phones. I hope that is not the case, but the facts are the Attrix is slightly better that the Bionix because it has more ram. We are getting the LG Revolution instead of the 2x. Lastly, the HTC Thunderbolt is just an EVO for VZW. This just my opinion.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm all over the Bionic!! Well, unless it ends up feeling like a cheap piece of plastic - has to feel "substantial". It's something you are going to handle a hundred times per day and it HAS to feel right.