[poll] dark edge resurrection??

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by destinydmm, Jun 14, 2012.

?

Do you want Dark Edge UI back?

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. destinydmm

destinydmm New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

screenshots here ---> DarkEdge Gallery
    Original thread: http://www.droidforu...e-ui-2-2-a.html

Many moons ago a phone called the Droid was released by Verizon & Motorola. It had so much hype and love behind it because of what it meant for smartphones & Android. The ability to root and theme and customize your phone. Open Source at its finest - code being shared and posted left and right. All the things that this little robot could do was discovered seemingly for the first time. Along with that CM blew up - everything was getting Android 2.0 - Eclair. Then some guy named REALigion mocked up the beautiful minimalist theme. Looking for help with the coding. So here came XEUDOXUS to help out. AND DARK EDGE UI was born. A great themer Koveleski a.k.a. KovDev also joined the bunch. And many others helping and providing support. It had an amazing run, updated colors, masses of icons, wallpapers, etc. And then just like that everything stopped.........................

Last word was from Koveleski in March about it possibly starting up again. But other than that nothing.

Now we have ICS and the Galaxy Nexus and many other devices released or yet to be released. All are looking more and more promising to open the gates once again the the community. We have CM9 and (my personal fav) AOKP, MIUI, and so many more great ROMs with great dev teams. One common thing that many of them share is the abilty to use the Theme Manager. I am asking all of you to cast your vote and show you love for an amazing theme!!! Show the DE team that you still want and love their work and want to see it revitalized again!!!

I am hoping that they will jump back into DE again and update the wallpapers (some Unicorn on DE action *giggidy*), update the icons, widgets, checkboxes, everything. I want them to go deep into the UI and change as much as they can again. To touch the very core of Android and rock it once again. I hope my words do not fall on deaf ears and that through many of us our cries will be heard through the forums and Dark Edge rises once again!!!

Thank you to Xeudoxus, REALigion, Koveleski, Anondrian, MAD Industries, Newton122189, Frost, HybridTracer, RobbieCrash, and many more for their fantastic work and here is to seeing Dark Edge again.
  2. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

who would not want dark edge back? one of the best if not the best theme of all times
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Here's my setup so I vote yes! :nerd:

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  4. xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx New Member

bumping for interest
  5. Faintestidea

Faintestidea New Member

Are these themes currently available?
  6. Faintestidea

Faintestidea New Member

Guess thats a no go lol
  7. destinydmm

destinydmm New Member

Sorry no not yet, hoping that it will be re-released. Most have moved to Rootzwiki. Both Xeudoxus & Koveleski have mentioned the potential to start this up again.

Rootzwiki thread/poll here