[POLL] Camera adapter for video call?

Would you be interested to get a camera adapter for your phone?

• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't really see any use of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meliasuk

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a snap on adapter for your rear facing camera so you can use it for video call such as Tango, Fring, Yahoo Messenger, etc. It'd be a simple plastic piece with two small mirrors angled around 45 degrees from the phone camera so the rear facing camera is "reflected" to the front of the phone. I know some people have done something similar to this but I have yet to see one small & portable enough to be practical.

If the answer is yes, then what do you think would be a reasonable price for that item?

Feedbacks is much appreciated. Thanks!

jrel1979

Reaction score
Hey I hear you.. I have been preaching this idea latley on the forums... I think the USB port is not being utilized and there are limitless options for it... the primary most or most common I think would be the self facing camera. I mean our PCs at home have them and they hook up VIA USB.. why cant these cell phones, like droid x, have one as well? I'm sure a PC one could be used for the phone (Very very very cheap)... or better yet Small camera that can bee added and maybe it attahes/detaches from a blue tooth headset. Better yet a casing which utilizes the usb port and relocates in internal camera within the case to the top of the phone. I would think 20-$30 would be fair and would sell quickly.... Your thoughts? Would like to get this started somehow but dont have the resources.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i don't understand what the big deal is with a front facing camera...

its one of those things you'll use a few times at first then will barely use for the rest of the time you have it.