POLL: Are you getting the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by modified, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackOtaku

BlackOtaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was asking if there would be, not suggesting it.

2. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A sister site is probably a good idea, wouldn't be able to agree to iOS forums on Droidforums - two very different things. Or just make a sister site for other Verizon smartphones as a whole; ie. WP7, WebOS, BBos, IOS, etc.

Sent from my Droid

3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Sister Site iPhone 4 Forum

4. trook

trook Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Android 4 life. I have banished all iphones and their users.....from my house anyways.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

5. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I'm curious about the VZ iPhone but the Droid Bionic is looking pretty good. Is the LG Revolution coming to VZ as well? That looks pretty nice also.

~DFApp

6. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I wanted an iPhone when they were first released...I was on Cingular/AT&T at the time and was just 4 short months away from launch when my ATA&T contract was canceled by AT&T...I was 1 of their customers who got caught up in the "mass customer drop" back in the day for not using their towers often enough. Sadly, at the time, just 2 months later I moved to a location that would have had me bouncing off their towers all the time...oh well, Verizon here I went, and I aint looking back!

I have played with an iPhone, I own an iPod Touch, and so far, I have seen nothing offered by the IOS that I can get elsewhere, maybe better, and with far more options available...Hopefully, the ability to fully customize Android devices will remain over the course of the Android OS life...

I am not even sure I will relinquish my DX before it just lays down on me! I can do everything on it than an iPhone can do, as well as stuff the iPhone cant...out of the box mind you, without rooting it.

Also, whether or not you need to swap out the storage or battery, at least those are options...options you dont have with an iPhone.

7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +841
    Kudos for the well-though out consideration. This FEELS like mostly a VZW forum, and in that regard it's relevant, even though it's really Android. I enjoy the discussions on the future of the market ad the implications and all, but it's mostly OT conversation.

The one downside is 5 gazillion threads about "IPhone or [insert Android phone here]?"

I don't know who supports or who owns this site, but it's a GREAT site and I can't blame you for capitalizing on the success by inviting IPhone users and making it a great resource for comparisons and information. I mean, I would imagine it's a bannable offense for even mentioning Android on an Apple forum.

People here love Android, but I'd say they love smartphones and the potential more. In that regard, an IPhone section is wholly appropriate.

8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +841
    Perfectly content with my D1 but anxious to upgrade to a dual core LTE.

No real interest in leaving Android, although if WinMo7 really gets it's act together I could consider trialing that. But given the costs involved and that you are stuck for at least a year, trialing wouldn't seem real popular risking being stuck on a platform you're not as satisfied with for a year or more. I mean, if I went to the IPhone there would be a learning curve for me after becoming accustomed to interacting on Android, not to mention searching out the equivalent of 100+ apps - that would be a frustrating period for me.

9. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +2
  10. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +2
    trust me the Apple App Store has alot more 3D games and even a Ghost Hunter EVP app.

11. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know much about the Iphone, honestly. Do they make customer roms for it and can the cpu be overclocked like my Droid?

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    No roms per se, but they do have themes and you can change out whatever icons etc you want once you jailbreak it. there's really no need to overclock the cpu as I assume you do that for performance gains (and yes the D1 almost needs to be overclocked). the iphone is smooth as butter when it comes to performance/responsiveness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.