POLL: Are you getting the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by modified, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I voted no. Currently an Android owner. I did want an iPhone before i got my Droid 1. That changed after a few months with the Droid 1. After using the Droid 1 and after reading some things about the iPhone, Android phones just fit me more.

Even the removable battery on my Droid 1 came in very big when my power was out for almost 2 days, cuz I always kept a spare charged up for my Droid 1. I wound up using both my Droid 1 and X while the power was out the first day. I used my spare the next day on the way to work.

I couldnt agree more with this post. I actually just said something similar a few minutes ago before seeing this thread. Big props to the owner(s), admins of this site.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. tdog7879

tdog7879 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    doesnt sound dumb at all my og droid isnt going anywhere except to wife if the 4g plans become to much

3. Jizzylax

Jizzylax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my Droid. No doubt about that.

But I always like to try out new technology. I don't want to say yes or no definitely, but I may play around with the iPhone.

4. foolie

foolie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My D1 is on the verge of becoming fully non-functional and my NE2 is in 2 months so yes, I will most likely switch and get it jailbroken... unless the LG Optimus Black comes to VZW before then.

5. mjustus

mjustus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it wouldn't happen for a while but I would really like to see the iphone and the droid apps merge. I really just want that damn elusive chipotle app!

Sent from my DROIDX

6. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    No iPhone for me. I have become far too familiar with Android to think about jumping ship when it's "just getting good"!

I've only had an Android phone for a few months and I'm having way too much fun!

7. styx

styx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What are the advantages of Iphone over a Droid?

8. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont plan on getting this verizon iphone but once my contract with my droid ends there should be a verizon iphone with LTE and i will defianetly get that

9. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So on this android-heavy forum, the iPhone still garners a 12% defection rate. There are another ~20% that are unsure.... That means 30% of this forum is at least looking at the vPhone. Those numbers are not good for android.

If 30% of this forum is interested in the vPhone, it stands to reason that AT LEAST 35-40% of ALL Verizon Android users are at least open to the idea of going to vPhone.

Verizon and Apple are going to make a killing.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Please calm down on posts like this. Internet forums are not an accurate measure of general populace at all. And these types of posts only incite trouble.

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +422
    I imagine $300 and a 2-yr contract for old tech will make a lot of people think three times before going with the IPhone.

12. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    Please show me the Android display that holds up against the iPhone display. Prove that and I will start to concede your point about old technology.

13. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You're right and I didn't mean for it to seem like I was using this as a one-to-one. That's one reason I said "it stands to reason".

I'm sorry if that inflames anyone, I am not trying to incite anything. I realize that people don't actually read into what is said, its usually just a glance and a quick fiery response.

Maybe I can soothe them over by saying I love my D1 and will probably keep it well passed its point of obsolescence. I love almost everything about Android! I just happen to have tons of iOS apps already purchased from my previous iPhone.

14. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    meh, more people buy iphones every year than the previous since it's release. There will be no issue as far as getting them sold.

15. jkhonea

Ratings:
    +20
    No problem, I just see potential problems and am trying to cut off fires before they happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.